Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi all,

I am new to the forum mainly because I just purchased a 2001 Goldwing 1800. I am new to Goldwings but not motorcycling.

The question I have is: After you install a windshield, should the screws and sliders be free to move independently from the windshield itself? I realize the windshield and mechanisim which holds it in place is designed to slide up and down. I just am not sure if they are supposed to slide up and down without moving the windshield. After installing it I just thought it seemed a bit loose. Even after tightning the screws as much as I could.

Anyway nice to meet everyone.

Chris

·
Premium Member
1,735 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the forum. Glad to see you here. Any ways, I have never had my windshield off of my 04 GL1800 but when I pull the levers up for adjustment, the windshield seems loose as well, that is until you push the levers back down. I will have to get into mine before I can say much else. I would say that if you can keep that front cover off while you push those levers down you might be able to see if the windshield tightens up and holds in place. If it does, then I would say that your good, figuring that all the fasteners are secured.

·
Administrator
26,563 Posts
imported post

I have to admit that is about the only part of an 1800 I have never worked on. The ratchet mechanism on mine has stopped working and the shield slides freely up and down when the levers are raised, does not bother me since I leave it in the down position except for raising it to clean the lower part.

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Thank you all for the responces.

i figured they probably were designed that way but just wanted to make sure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.