Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Top of the day guys:coollep:.
Have any of you standard wing owners found a good windshield (windscreen) for the standard? I have tried the Plexifairing 3 by National Cycle, but after about 6 months the screen started to crack from the headlight trim up. I just uncovered it one morning and it had a crack running about 12" verically from the headlight cutout. I must have mounted it with some stress of flex in it.

Any way I like the shield okay, but would like to try another brand or style windshield. I want something that uses a 4 point mounting system (other than just handlebar mounts).

If you have any suggestions or info. I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

Hey Bro,

I bought a "Windshield" because my fairing was thrashed!

I bout the "Memphis shades " "Santa Cruz " model, it mounts on bars and forks!

I put thin rubber under mount brackets for shock dampners!

I had tp fabricate/modify the fork mounts because the ones that came with it were not large enough I think they were 41 to 43 mm?

I love the looks of the Shield on the bike , at first didn't think it was blocking enough wind but after taking it off for a day i realized it was!

Plus I added "Micro-Swirl edging" from( "Saeng TA .com") which is black rubber strip that graps the wind and pushes uo and out from you by another 2 to 4 " depending on shape of Windshield, it looks great on the shield, not cheap stuff though!

The shield has a "Gradient Black tint" or "Smoke tint" on the bottom half, looks really good BUT the Hot 115 Degree sun caused it to "Checker and fade so I painted the "INSIDE" of the Shield Semi-gloss black where the Tint is and man it looks good now from the front! Painted back so the paint wound not be affected by the Wind !

Go to "Google" ( motorcycleonlinestore.com) , click "Street" then "Windshields" then "Memphis shades" then "Handlebar mount shields" and then look at the "Santa Cruz" and "Roadmaster" models?! Read the demensions carefully!

Remeber I had to make the fork mounts fit, but was worth it!

Can also check out the "Micro-Swirl Edging" form "Saeng " !

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

Slipstreamer windshields work pretty well. They're thicker than most and have 4-point mounting. Good quality.

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Thanks for the reply. I've seen those screens and they looked good, but didn't think I'd ever be able to mount one on this bike. I'm going to follow your links to get to it now.
Have a good weekend.:1000red:

·
Premium Member
1,191 Posts
imported post

Slipstreamer makes several "Tulsa like" shields for older bikes/forums/images/emoticons/smile.gif.. Not only does my Extra Tall Slipstreamer work really well at keeping the air stream off my helmet  and I love it just for that ... but..... bonus/forums/images/emoticons/cool.gif... it changes the look of the bike considerably when you look at it from the side...  the slipstreamer, on my 1200 , at least , follows the line of the fairing, and curves back.. looks soooooo cool !!! SilverDave /forums/images/emoticons/emoticonsxtra/cooldj.gif

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

fokkersauras,

You were asking about a "Universal Windshirld" not a "Replacement Windshield" for a Fairing, is this correct?:baffled:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.