Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

How do I remove the windshield on a 2000 Gold Wing 1500 ??

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
imported post

The answer is simple, but not necessarily easy. My Clymers tells me to remove the mirrors (three screws each). Expose the screws by moving the rubber parts out of the way. Remove the two side screws to the chrome front cover and you will be able to figure it out from there. There are many articulate people on this forum that can jump in and give you better directions, but this may give you a start.

Welcom aboard hoopdc.:action:

Most respectfully

Michael

·
Premium Member
332 Posts
imported post

If it's anything like my 1984, the first thing is to turn the mirrors facing up, then you can get to the two 10mm bolts/screws. the front crom cover pps out of place with a screwdriver between it and the headlight.

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Thanks !! I can only hope it's that easy. That would bea piece of cake.

Thanks also to the pople that answered this same question almost a year ago on this site. I had forgotten which site I originally asked the same question until I started really looking around.

The big difference now is that a new windshield has actually been ordered and is on the way.

Thanks again guys/gals !!!!

Dennis

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
imported post

On my 1500 you dont have to take the mirrors off.

Just pry the rubber boots back to get a screwdriver in on the screws holding the

Front plate on.

Its easy

·
Premium Member
1,765 Posts
imported post

bikgra wrote:

Just pry the rubber boots back to get a screwdriver in on the screws holding the

Front plate on.

Its easy
That's the way I do it but first I lift the levers beside each mirror to loose the shield for adjustment.

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
imported post

bikgra wrote:

Front plate on.

Its easy

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yup-What he said,just changeone last night.:action:

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Hey guys,

Wanna save me some more unnecessary time ?? On the left side of each post on this site, there is a designation called "mana". What is that ??

Thanks.

Dennis

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.