Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
miguel 53
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

hi guy´s, does anyone know of the shop that sells the clamps, that stop your windshield sliding down, due to tired stop brackets, I´ve seen these advertised somewhere, but unfortunately, can´t find the guy on ebay??, I´m sure he´s out there somewhere, best regard´s form spain, mick.:praying:

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

I've seen them recently but forget where. They are basically small clamps with rubber inserts that won't mark the windshield. They won't stop the windshield sliding up, that's the only downside.

·
Pwhoever
3,161 Posts
imported post

Have you tried adjusting the winshield adjustment levers? Years ago I had issues with the winshield slowly slipping down on me. It turns out the windshield adjustment levers were a little off. I just had to reposition them and the windshield would now hold pretty tight, no more slipping. HERE is a thread that talks about it. Once you get in there, try and get the line across the knurled knob lined up with the gap on the lever. If it is still loose, you can play around with the alignment by having it face slightly lower than the gap on the lever and that will hold the windshield just a little tighter....

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
imported post

there is an updated gasket that fits on the windshield garnish thats thicker. i believe its from 1998-2000.

you can adjust the lever tension by loosening DO NOT REMOVE the screw behind the mirrors, each side at a time, (remove both mirrors first).

with the adjustment screw loose, push the garnish in towards the windshield, while holding it, then retighten the philips screw.

the adjustment screw is in a cavity just below the screws that attach the mirror.

do the same for the other side.

works like a charm and is much tighter.

its described in the manual under "windshield tension adjustment".

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,650 Posts
imported post

I just slid my windscreen all the way to the bottom, set and forget :badgrin:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.