Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
imported post

Ellen, here it is. Hope you can view it. Theverdana on left, see the chrome head above headlight, you'll see the wiper arm extending to upper right on the windshield.

The wiper switch is at the bottom. Has two positions, interval wipe and continuous.

The switch array on left handlebar. Of the top three switches, the extreme left is the flusher switch. I never operate that especially with vents open. Obviously you will spray right through the vent and the unexpected moisture attacks you (too late when you recognize).

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
imported post

Wiper Blade on windshield. Different angle. Noticed there is a black protruding spray head left of windshield wiper base. That is where the flusher sprays on the windshield!

Speaking of windshield material. Very scratch proof material feels thicker than the ones I rode on one of my friends Goldwing in New Orleans. I use an equivalent of Plexus to keep my windshield clear and that makes the wiper work smoother when the rain gets heavy.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
imported post

Windshield flusher tank. Located rear behind license plate holder. Notice the chrome cap that is the filler hole to the flusher tank.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
imported post

Hi folks only had my 1500 se for 6 weeks but already looking at some kind of screen wiper being a short arse i am looking through the screen not over it.i have been reading the threads and i was wondering if anyone has tried a window tint film on the screen to see if that works without scratching.
first time on the site tonight but it wont be the last.

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Plastic scratches.........no way to make sure it does not. How do I know this? I am a plumber and work hard.....hot, sweaty, sand gets on your hands.....on your clothes and you wipe your face......crawl under houses and you have dirt, dust, spider webs and junk......so you wipe your face again......your glasses get dirty.....fall off.....so you wipe them on your shirt tail......there they go....scratched up.

I have tried every kind of plastic lenses and magic sure to do the job coating that can be found for plastic lenses. They still scratch. I specifically had a pair of glasses made out of glass....it took a bit of time....they looked at me like I was crazy.....glass??

I do not think any plastic windshield will hold up to a wiper for very long. The very first time a truck or lorry runs past and covers you with road grime....and you make a swipe or two with the wiper.......there you go.......scratched up......Kit
I have the same Glasses Kit, they always scratch no matter how I try to take care of them , I plastic windshield will as well,

Find a way to make unbreakable glass and maybe that will work

·
1,566 Posts
Peerclear.com

This is in the warrantee:
Peer Clear™ will not be liable for incidental or consequential damages of any kind.

So if it scratches your windshield they are not liable. :readit:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Peer Clear on F4+4 WINDSHIELD

I did a lot of research on this as we ride in all weather and really find this useful. When I bought my F4+4 a few years back I talked to Frank at F-4 about which wiper system they use on their Bike Show Demo that runs all the time. It was Peer Clear and they use and have used it for years, the coating on the F4 shields will not scratch with the Peer Clear System. I have used it for 3 years now with great success and have no scratches on my windshield, I do not have a washer just use a spray bottle around the edges where the wiper doesn't travel. When mounting you need to pay close attention to the height so as to not get it to high. I used their shorter wiper arm as it put a little more pressure on the spring arm and worked better. I have a toggle on/off switch and a push button intermettiant switch and I only run it when raining with a wet shield or with the wiper raised off the shield. Their instructions are very good but take your time and measure a few times cause you only want to drill once!!! They are very easy to work with and have spares if you need something extra.... here a few photos.... 2003 GL1800 / Roadsmith Trike Kit HT1800

Attachments

61 - 73 of 73 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.