Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

new member here!!!

have a 1980 gl1100 plain jane.

would dearly love a windshield'

where do i start?

find it so hard to find anything in this country (rep Of Ireland):leprechaun:for goldwings.

all donations gratefully received

many thanks:?

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

jemmy wrote:
new member here!!!

have a 1980 gl1100 plain jane.

would dearly love a windshield'

where do i start?

find it so hard to find anything in this country for goldwings.

many thanks:?
Do a search on internet, you will find many sources for a new windshield. I assume you are in North America since you don't say windscreen? eBay of course is a good source too. Anyway just Google it!

:waving:

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

I bought one from ( motorcycleonlinestore ) out of Tucson, Az , kind of a Darth Vader looking shield, black on the bottom! They threw in the mounting hardware which the local bike shop wanted another $80 for that !!!The handle bar mounts fit great but the fork mounts I had to "jerry rig" a little !

but I like the windshield it looks great , could block a little more wind but I'mOK with it now!It's the "Vera Cruz" model, get alot of compliments on it !

Go to website, Click on "Street" at the top and then click "Memphis Windshields" and the Handle bar mounts ! those are the "Universal shields"!

The service was fast and great!

I have a old "Vetter fairing" but rather run just a Windshield !

·
Premium Member
1,028 Posts
imported post

Jemmy, There are lots of aftermarket screens that will fit the plain jane. If you live in the UK then M&P have them. You should really tell us what country you are in as it doesn't help just saying "find it so hard to find anything in this country for goldwings." Otherwise people just won't bother pointing to vendors if they don't know where you are from.

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

jemmy wrote:
new member here!!!

find it so hard to find anything in this country for goldwings.

Hey jemmy :waving:Will you tell these guys what countryyou have your caravan parked in. :whip: They cant help you if they dont know what country you livein. :stumped:What kind of donations are you looking for, is it money, drink, food, etc.:crying:

Welcome to the forum and enjoy the banter. :clapper:

:leprechaun: :18red: :leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

sorry for not mentioning the country, i thought everyone knew that the only "JEMMY" with a goldwing lived in the rep of Ireland. thanks for all the information!!any donation accepted, even a windshield for a gl1100!!!:waving:

Happy St Patrick"s Dat to one and all:coollep:

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
imported post

I bought my 83 GL1100 windshield from JC Whitney, but I do not know if they ship to Ireland. I have noticed a lot of UK listers on eBay.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.