Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
imported post

I am liking my Tulsa. Its a little taller than stock, but sweeps back a little more. Get a vent in whatever you end up with. I wont go back to a non-vented.

·
Major Enthusiast
238 Posts
imported post

Repo Man,

Are you a look-over guy or a look through guy?

If you are a look through guy, a Tulsa would be a good call for you, although the greenhouse effect and lack of air movement might be a bit much in Georgis summers. The vent might help, as well as Baker Hand Wings to direct more air into the cockpit in summer.

Another choice, and one I like is the WindBender http://www.firecreekacc.com

This is a look over split screen design. You'll notice that the Beemers, FJRs etc use a design similar to this. The screen directs the airflow up and over you and your co-rider without forming a low pressure area behind the shield to collapse the airflow back on your passenger, or you. This design retains the factory adjustments, and gives you another 2 1/2 inches of up and down. You can also get 3 different sizes of top shield, and they swap out in seconds. I like the HP for around town, solo and hot weather. I use the ST for 2 up, crappy or cold weather, and long trips since it offers my wife more protection. There is also a really short screen, the HP-S, which I found to be shorter than I liked, but it was awesome for back roads, sporty riding and around town.

WindBender also offers an electric option. Not cheap, but it is the only game in town if you want an electric windshield. I did get it, and it's great. There are other things I might buy before this, but I'm certainly glad I have it. It's great to come off the highway and run the WS all the way down, or adjust it up a little to give better protection without needing to pull over & fiddle around with the stock adjustment proceedure.

A windshield a personal choice, just like seats, grips, etc. You would be well advised to see if you can find someone who would let you ride their bike equipped with the windsield of your choice and try it out before you committed to one. If you were a little closer to NH, or if you want to take a little ride, :action:you could try mine. If you decide on a WB, PM me.. I might be able to help.. I have a new ST.

Dave

rocketmoto.com

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.