Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
going back and forth on buying some wing deflectors. not sure what to get ,which ones to get first ,what ones work and what ones don't, do they keep you cool and also warm? i'm sure theirs a lot out there that have them , are they worth what they say they do? thanks for the input! :?

·
Premium Member
5,319 Posts
I use just the Baker Hand Wings on my GL1800. They mount under the mirrors. They are great in the colder weather for keeping "some" of that cold air off the hands. In hot weather I can adjust them out to get some air circulation into the front of my torso. I have found that I prefer to ride with them turned in (closed) when running at highway speeds as (to me anyway) they seem to add too much wind resistence to my ride when opened.

·
Premium Member
4,010 Posts
Whatever brand you get, they are a must have for cold and warm days, open when its hot, close when its cold

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
I have the Bakers on mine.
They work well in the heat and cold.
The only problem I have with them is they are in the way when I want to put my feet on the hwy pegs. I'm 6'4 can can get around them, but I think some folks would have problems with them in the way.

Kurt

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
I put bakers on my 1800, hand wings on the mirror, wind wings on the fairing (one big wing on top, one small wing on the bottom) and a pair of leg wings.

I love all 3!!

The hand wings on the mirrors I open when it gets hot and need a little air.

The larger wind wing I can open when it's hot and I and the passenger need air.

The best one is that small wind wing on the bottom of each wind wing on each side. If you open these up, they take the hot air from the radiator discharge and puts that warm air in your direction when it gets cold out side. I like these on cool nights in the mountains.

The leg wings I like but they are permanently mounted and can not be moved, but they keep all the wind (And a lot of rain) off my legs.

Best investment I ever made and wouldn't have a bike with out these on it.

·
Premium Member
2,656 Posts
Hand wings are a must! I only use Baker because they are perfect. I have the other ones on the sides but I could live without them.

Like everyone else said, they are a great investment and well worth the small price you pay. Many colors are available and you can get chrome or black hardware for your preference.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I use Bakers....but

I had to reengineer them. They constantly need tightening and the parts are less than spectacular. I do love them but it would seem for the price they would use metal instead of plastic... The answer is, I would buy them again.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
Yep, Baker Handwings. That's all I have and that's all I need on the 1800. They work very well, very nicely in cold weather. They keep all the cold air stream off the grip area. In hot weather they bring a very large flow of air in around the fairing. Coupled with the windshield vent in summer the bike is much more comfortable when it's hot outside. I like the clear ones best because they're more discreet and don't distract from the bike's design as much as colored ones.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I am replacing my dragon wings. Reason being, the keep ALL the air away from me. The vent windows cut in it offer some air but not enough for me.

Comparison wise, can't speak on how good the Baker wings keep wind off you, but they seem to definitely put air on you. Which is what I want. California doesn't get too cold so don't need em. These are the ones I have.

http://wingstuff.com/products/202-upper-fairing-side-wind-deflectors

·
Premium Member
555 Posts
I have the Bakers on mine.
They work well in the heat and cold.
The only problem I have with them is they are in the way when I want to put my feet on the hwy pegs. I'm 6'4 can can get around them, but I think some folks would have problems with them in the way.

Kurt
I had the same problem. Turn the mounting brackets upside down and the problem is cured. :banana:

·
Registered
23 Posts
deflectors

I am replacing my dragon wings. Reason being, the keep ALL the air away from me. The vent windows cut in it offer some air but not enough for me.

Comparison wise, can't speak on how good the Baker wings keep wind off you, but they seem to definitely put air on you. Which is what I want. California doesn't get too cold so don't need em. These are the ones I have.

http://wingstuff.com/products/202-up...ind-deflectors

DXlnti: I just saw your post on the Dragon Wings. Did you ever sell the dragon wings? would you want to sell them? What color do you have?

Dave D.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I have them also on my gl1500 and I love them and wish I had them on my last wings that I had. I have the ones for your hands that mount too the mirror and I also have the fairing wings and yes when I need a little cooling off in the summer I just open them up and when in cooler weather keep them closed and it helps keep you warmer

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.