Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Just after telling the motel manager (who also is a wing rider) that I had never layed mine down YET, it happened. Pulled in to a subway for breakfast, the street was at a slope to the curb and down she went. I had it up in 2 seconds before anyone had a chance to see. (I hope :cool:)

·
Just me.
2,746 Posts
imported post

Welcome to "the club"!

·
Premium Member
658 Posts
imported post

The trick is to lay er down right away as soon as you get it. That way you have it out of the way. (don't ask me how I know)

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

The only thing to remember about dropping a 'Wing is to get out of its way so none of your anatomy gets caught underneath. Not fun. Don't try holding one up when it wants to take a brief nap, you might have a stroke trying.

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
imported post

ouch!! at least you did not get hurt. mine always drop as i am walking away from it.
:p

·
Premium Member
12,853 Posts
imported post

IF no one saw it .....did it happen ? ;)

Been there . I rode up to my Credit Union stopped , got off the bike and over it went . Dead as a horse .:cheeky1: they keep upright a lot better when I use the side stand .

:action:ride in peace now the gremlins have been fed .

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
The only thing to remember about dropping a 'Wing is to get out of its way so none of your anatomy gets caught underneath. Not fun. Don't try holding one up when it wants to take a brief nap, you might have a stroke trying.
No kidding!! It took about 3 days to walk the cramp out of my right butt cheek when I kept my 1100 from going down:cooldevil:. I stopped it, and will never try to stop it again!!

·
Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
61,504 Posts
imported post

I forgot to move my foot once when mine went to sleep. The right foot peg ended up on top of my right ankle.

that smarted for over a week before it got all better "now".

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

Ahhhhh the memories :Dand I'm keeping them to myself:shock: :cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
imported post

I went camping at Devils Lake State Park near me here in Wisconsin last weekend. After pulling in the main lot to check in, my wing decided to lay down for a nap. Silly me thinking it didn't need a side stand. HA! The sad part was all of the park rangers were watching and got a good laugh out of it. Thank goodness for crash bars.

I must say though that this might be a trend now with my wing. Twice now I have woken up to it napping outside my apartment in the mornings. It never wants to wake up either. I feel like I need a pick axe to get the side stand free. I have a piece of round metal for under the stand, but it gets forgotten from time to time.

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
imported post

At least that's not as bad as dropping twice on the same day. I had to stop and remove a fender of my trailer, over to the right with the wife on back. Then we did some trail riding and I hit a large rock that was hiding in the long grass and over on the left side. I think I need to make a skid pan.

James

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the club. It probably will not be the last time.You know have to renew your membership.LOL

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
imported post

them wings just don't like to be parked , havent had mine take a nap yet , but got that feeling , layed my x over on some gravel befor with the wife on board , trying to make a u-turn

·
Premium Member
2,642 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the Lazy Wing club.......................:waving:

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
imported post

I came out of a Reno, NV hotel and found my wing on its side, cover and all. The Manager just walked off, would not do a thing to help. Called the cops, they would not help. As it turned out the night before there was a big School Superintendent's party at the hotel and the BMW lens pieces laying near my crushed bike belonged to one of the party.:(

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
imported post

Yup, mine went to sleep at my feet twice with the engine off too. Nothing like us Wingers to eat Humble Pie. It's been awhile...............since I've had Humble Pie.

Not hurt, no complaints and ready for more.

Longboater

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.