Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

hello,

We are Henk and Jeannette from Netherlands, August 11 We're going to Calais to Dover and then to Oxford, where we stay 4 days. Then we go to Holyhead to Dublin and then, from there we go to the irish take goldwing ..
then we head back to Dublin on Sunday and there are a B & B this is just a brief and my English is not very good ..

Whe hope to see ather driver in the UK of Irland for a little drink..:blackstuff:

kids regard henk and Jeannette :kissing:

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Hi Henk :waving::waving:,We will see you at the Irish Goldwing treffen in Limerick on the 18th/19th/20th aug ,, safe riding . Ciaran

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Hai Ciaran,,

thanks for you're message and whe drink there 1 beer

henk

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

I will have a glass of milk :smiler::smiler::smiler:

See you in Limerick ,safe trip in the UK

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
imported post

Hi, Henk and Jeannette hope you have a nice trip around the UK and Ireland. I will see you in Limerick at the irish treffen and have a nice chat, enjoy your holiday.

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Verry thanks.. Gero wing...

whe hope also... the first time in the UK and ierland.. for us.. the rest was europa.. :yelling:

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
imported post

Say Henk: I am very interested in your trailer, as I'm sure others are as well. Over here in the US, we don't usually tow something quite that big. Can you tell us how common trailers of that size are, what you carry in it, how much it weighs, how it tows and so forth?

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

im bulding bij my self from a old trailer and here in holland its 1 meter 1 meter high and 250 cm form the rear wheel. but thas onley on paper.. hahahah

this is how a bild look my home page and klick on the GW belouw the page.

http://henkje.nl/index9.html

7 weeks ago i'm painting the trailer Candy red.. also my Grea wing this is form 1988

have fune.. and when you need info let me nowe

Henk

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Cloud 9 wrote:
Say Henk: I am very interested in your trailer, as I'm sure others are as well. Over here in the US, we don't usually tow something quite that big. Can you tell us how common trailers of that size are, what you carry in it, how much it weighs, how it tows and so forth?
You can turn most escapade trailers into this type of trailer , what you need is a car roof box and you just mount it on top of the trailer ,There are a few of them here in Ireland , I will look for a picture for you ,

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
imported post

Your new project looks very nice, Henk. And thank you for the additional information, Wexy. It's just that I have never seen a trailer with that kind of capacity.

We havw an "Aluma" trailer (http://www.alumaklm.com/motorcycle-trailers/item/50-mct-towable-motorcycle-trailer.html) and it works well for us. It happens to be made in a little town here in Iowa. We use it on trips over a week in length, and use it primarily for all of our bags to keep the additional weight off the bike. Fully loaded, it weighs about 350lbs (~700kg) with a tongue weight of around 35lbs (~70kg), but we could load more. It tows very nicely up to around 100MPH (!). I've never tested it past that.

Wexy, one of these days we hope to join you for one of your treffens. I'm only 4th generation American, and my relatives hail from County Antrim, and I would LOVE to visit. We even have the "Irish Blessing" and Celtic knots as the pinstriping theme on the bike. I'll look forward to it!

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

a forgat the inside is the trailer 700 liter and te top box 300 liter i have 8 ich wheels max speed i drive wih te trailer is 140 km.. in france.. highway.and i see u.k people with bigger trailers but not with 1000 liter inside

And wexy i need a nieuw cover for my wing ULTRAGARD TOURING COVER CLASSIC i bay it in Limerick..

regards henk

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

wingern-nl wrote:
Verry thanks.. Gero wing...

whe hope also... the first time in the UK and ierland.. for us.. the rest was europa.. :yelling:
Be very careful coming off that ferry in Dover and riding on the left side of the road, you will find it kind of strange to start with, but luckily, once you are up and out of Dover by about 3km, you will find the dual carriageway much easier and it is pretty much motorway all the way to Oxford if you are keeping to the main route.

It is a great shame you come over on a Thursday, otherwise it would have been nice is some of us could have ridden down to meet you at Dover. I only live about 100km inland from there.
What time does your ferry get into Dover, just in case I was not at work for some reason?

Enjoy your trip over and I am sure many will enjoy meeting you in Ireland.
:waving::waving:

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

Plans ?? nex year we wil heave plans to coming to the US with the plane hahahha but not to miami but L.A. whats the good time to get dear april or aug, stept. 2 weeks is ok..

please let me now its also the first time

henk

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
imported post

Hello Peet,

we will arrive in dover on friday 12-8 at about 11.00
We will leave from home thursday to Calais and we will stay the night over there. our campsite is in Standlake. We stay there untill wednesday and then we leave for Holyhead and on thursday we will cross over to Dublin..

i'm sure that we will get used to driving at the left (wrong) side of the road..

regard Henk

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
imported post

we are in standlake (UK) and verry nice here,,,

henk

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Hi daar Henk, vanavond ontmoet ik 30 Duitsers Golwingers aan de veerdienst, die vroeg aankomt hun eis op de.zonlanterfanters door de poel te riskeren. :ROFL:

Zie u aan de Treffen :waving:. ......Brian:leprechaun:

[align=center]----------------------[/align]

Hi there Henk, this evening I am meeting 30 Germans Golwingers at the ferry, who are arriving early to stake their claim on the sun loungers by the pool. :ROFL:
See you at the Treffen :waving:.......Brian :leprechaun:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.