Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

The local yamaha dealer started bening my ear when he learned I bought a :1000red:. Said make sure you check out a Venture. So I did, at the Corporate website. Based on the MSRP, the venture is $3000 more. What can they possibly offer to justify it? I read the specs, but saw nothing that would swing me away from the :15green:.

Wings rule:weightlifter:

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

But once you buy the Venture, which bike is more likely to have aftermarket items for it? Other than maybe Harley, no one offers more stuff for any bike than a Goldwing.

Raymond

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Theres a reason for that. The wings got it right, and everyone else is a wannabee!!!:goofygrin:

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

ubarw,

The Venture is one fine motorcycle for $16000 !

It's not on par with an 1800 Wing but it's in between the 1500 and 1800, rides smooth, shifts great and pullshard !

Personally I would buy the "RSTD" Royal Star tour delux(over the Venture)with the quick release windshield and sissy bar, lower center of gravity than the Venture, 98 hp actually 100hp if you tach it out and a great V-4 engine,cruise control,5 year warranty!

Would never be without a Wing, but I would own a "RSTD" !

I know alot of guys that ride them!

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

The corporate webite had the Venture at $22900. $16 is much better!

If the price was competitive, I'd give it a whirl, but I still am just a little biased towards the wing...
:cool:

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

Actually It's $16999 but if I were going to spend that much i'd add a little and get a 1800 Wing !

But my local Yammy dealer offered me a "RSTD" for $13000 OTD ! Not bad but you can get the at Abernathy's for $11500 new I think that's in Miss, not sure ?

If I lived near there i'd jump on that price for a new "RSTD" !

But i'd still keep the Wing !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.