Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
I was in the same boat as Mav4G. My '86 Aspy did the same thing. I replaced both coils and made sure they were both firing. No problems after that. Having said this, I have never had a 1500, so don't shoot me!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
redwing52, your the man brother, took your advice and shot some carb cleaner on the right side insulator and it smoothed right out , temporally....ordered 2 insulators and replaced a few of the smaller vacuum lines that I could reach and installed today. runs like a champ better than ever, my guess is that on a 20 year old bike these insulators need to be change every ten years, the old ones were harder than the new ones I got from honda. couldn't see any visual cracks , so where they hug the carb at top and at the bottom on the intake, they had swelled up some and not making good contact... sorry for the delay in replying to any post here, been sick...thank you for your insight on this one. now to put all this plastic back on, its a struggle , Im tellin ya... thanks again for everyones reply and or comments, one happy winger again...

21 - 22 of 22 Posts