Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

After a short ride with my new KBC Tourcom helmet, I thought I would let you all know what I think about it. As I said in a previous post, we got the Nova Blue. It's not an exact match of the 05 Bright Blue Metallic, but it's close. I ordered an XL(same size as the Vega Vista, & Zeus helmets). They are reasonable at $120.00 without the intergrated headsets. It fits more snug, but seems to be only because there's extra padding. It's not so tight that it hurts. The padding seems to block a lot more road noise, than did the others. The J&M headsets seem to sound much better, without the extra outside noise, & the ear pieces line up better to the ears, than did the others also. The jury is still out for the extra long strap. The KBC's have a snap at the end of the strap, so it's not hanging down, swinging in the wind. Over all, I'll give KBC Tourcom helmets a 7 1/2 out of 10.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

That's on odd little thing I like about both Wings I've had. On previous bikes I've had to wrap the free end of the helmet strap around itself so it wouldn't try to flog me. On the Wing the thing just hangs there at any speed. No more whipping boy.

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
imported post

My favourite helmet of all time was a Suomy, comfortable, quiet and warm, unfortunatly covered in racing graphics.

I now use a FFM flip face helmet. Nice helmet but I don't think that I would like it on a sports bike as if you are exposed to full force wind its noisy. However all flip fronts tend to be. (more cracks and crevices for the wind to whistle around)

Andrew

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.