Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi Folks

I posted here a while ago about problems I was having with the carbs on my 1976 GL1000. I'd used rebuild kits and am not technically inept but I just couldn't get teh bike to run properly and posted here a cry for help. I got replies from many helpful people and one from Wingovations in Glasgow. After a frustrating few weeks of messing about myself, I sent the carbs off to them and had them ultrasound cleaned and rebuilt by John.

I got the carbs back last week and fitted them to the bike and it started and ran immediately (for the first time ever). I balanced the carbs using some vacuum gauges off eBay and it is like a different bike! I'm braving the elements to take the bike in for an MoT tomorrow.

If you find your carbs are beyond you, I'd recommend this bloke. I'm really pleased with my carbs....

Thanks to everyone who responded to my post....

·
Premium Member
12,790 Posts
imported post

:claps: Glad to hear you have found a good source of rebuilding . I hope the weather is good for you to get the MOT so your able to ride about .

·
Premium Member
1,074 Posts
imported post

Sounds like carburetors are not for you. But there is always help out there.

·
Oh - THAT guy...
3,258 Posts
imported post

When I restored my '77 the carbs were the one chunk item I farmed out. Of course when I removed them none of the moving parts could move. I knew my limits.
Congrats and enjoy the ride.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.