Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

26th annual rally hosted by the North Carolina GWRRA in Fletcher, NC.
September 24-26.
For more info: www.gwrranc.org

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

I plan on going since it's just up the road from me. May bring the trailer with some cooking gear in it and do a Wing tailgate party in the parking lot.

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

It'll be good to see ya, bagmaster! How will I find you- other than walking around hollering "Yo bag- where ya at?" LOL

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

I am going to check my work calender for these days. My wife and I just love the BRP. Do you have to be a GWRRA member to attend. I would also be looking for a campsite close by to park my camper.

·
Premium Member
1,765 Posts
imported post

SETHAN12 wrote:
I am going to check my work calender for these days. My wife and I just love the BRP. Do you have to be a GWRRA member to attend. I would also be looking for a campsite close by to park my camper

Try www.campingnorthcarolina.com

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Sethan12, check the website I listed. There is information about lodging, including camping. There are several campgrounds around, ranging from 3 to 30 miles from the agricultural center.
You do not have to be a member of the GWRRA (I'm not), but you'll need to register. The cost is $35 per person, I think. $30 for members.
Hope y'all can make it.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

wolfy wrote:
It'll be good to see ya, bagmaster! How will I find you- other than walking around hollering "Yo bag- where ya at?" LOL
Just look for me in a shady spot of the parking lot. Haven't decided yet if I want to park in the front or rear parking lot yet. I don't spend a lot of time looking at the vendors.

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
imported post

As part of the full registration you also get one chance to win the Grand Prize, a Black Cherry 2009 Gold Wing with a load of Kuryakyn installed, attached to a color-matched Escapade Elite trailer. This is a giveaway - no tickets are sold.

A substantial discount on admission to the Biltmore Estate has been obtained for the month of September, for both fully registered and day pass patrons. Come and enjoy riding the mountains of North Carolina.

·
Premium Member
1,765 Posts
imported post

Bagmaster wrote:
wolfy wrote:
Just look for me in a shady spot of the parking lot. Haven't decided yet if I want to park in the front or rear parking lot yet. I don't spend a lot of time looking at the vendors.
Bag, I don't think you will find any shade in the rear lot.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

If I can't find any shade then I'll make my own.

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
imported post

If I get the Aspencade running like I want it to, like my 80, I an going to try to make it on the 83. It will be a good break in for it. I have ordered the OEM Gasket set, and I figure I will have it done in about 3 weeks. I am gonna go over it from the front to the rear, just to make sure it's safe, and fully operational. It will give me a chance to see what the 83 Aspencade gets on fuel Mileage. Right now, My 80 GL 1100 if averaging 44.3 MPG at 55 MPH. 37 at 65-70. I had to cancel my NASSIRR2, because of the distance, and I purchased the Aspencade, and inherited my Son's 2004 250cc Bike.
One more question. What is the spark plug gap for an 83 Aspencade?
Thaks,
David

·
Premium Member
479 Posts
imported post

Sounds good, and I'm just 2 hrs away.

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
imported post

sethan12 are you leaving thursday if you go ??? where in pa are you I think 3 of us are going down thurs ride fri sat and ride home sun

·
Premium Member
2,258 Posts
imported post

Wish I could make it back. I was there the last week of July. It was by far the nicest riding I have ever done. I also had to cancel NASSIR, Maybe if the wife can get off we can come down.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

feysfunworld. wrote:
how far from the dragon tail is this??
About an hr and half ride depending which roads you take.

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
imported post

do you know if you can buy tickets at the gate or in advance on line? I live here in Fletcher and want to attend now that I have a Wing. Thanks

Otter

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
imported post

Otter:

Both day passes and full registrations can be purchased at the gate. However, if you want to participate in any of the training or go on the tours I'd encourage you to visit the website at http://www.gwrranc.org, download the flyer, and mail it in early.

(Each full registration contains one chance to win the Wing and trailer.)

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
imported post

Thank you. I went to the site and down loaded the reistration form. Do you know if the $35 non-member registration covers both days or is there an additional fee per day?. Haven't found that info on the site. This is the first event of this type I will be attending and I'm not up on all the particulars. Thank you.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.