Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Every time I hear some young guy on a sportbike dissing Goldwings, it reminds me of this joke:

Code:
A C-130 was lumbering along when a cocky F-16 flashed by.
The jet jockey decided to show off.
The fighter jock told the C-130 pilot, 'watch this!' and promptly
went into a barrel roll followed by a steep climb. He then finished
with a sonic boom as he broke the sound barrier. The F-16 pilot
asked the C-130 pilot what he thought of that?
The C-130 pilot said, 'That was impressive, but watch this!'The C-130 
droned along for about 5 minutes and then the C-130
pilot came back on and said: 'What did you think of that?'
Puzzled, the F-16 pilot asked, 'What the heck did you do?'
The C-130 pilot chuckled. 'I stood up, stretched my legs, walked
to the back, went to the bathroom, then got a cup of coffee and a
cinnamon bun.'
>>
When you are young & foolish - speed & flash may seem a good thing !!!
When you get older & smarter - comfort & dull is not such a bad thing !!!

Us old folks understand this one.

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
imported post

hey nomad

i'm new here but your joke is a good one.what ashame this young people just enjoy there bikes like everybody else.hope more young people read and learn from it. how is peoria. and how is ufs doing down there.ever go there and shop there.talk to you soon.

viper 2

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Viper,
I hear you. I recall when I was a young rider looking to see how quickly I could get my Yamaha 350 (the original crotch rocket)through the twisting back roads in New England. I managed to wear quite a bit of steel off the kickstands. Now I prefer to see, feel and smell what's around me at a more comfortable pace.
Peoria, as you probably know, is a real Harley town, with the UAW being such a strong presence. I've even been put down for riding "Jap crap" and a "riceburner". Little do they realize that the Wing was made in Ohio!
I was just over in Moline recently for a Patriot Guard mission, and it seems like it's not that different from Peoria in that respect. Must be the John Deere influence.
Take care, and be sure to wave!
Greg

·
Premium Member
4,948 Posts
imported post

Greetings from the middle ground......Galesburg. Nice to see some local talent signing on. Lovely weather to ride huh?.

I rode the wheels off when I was younger, now I ride like I am. Nice and easy.:action::cheeky1:

Take care folks.

Hobie

·
Premium Member
6,097 Posts
imported post

I always laugh inside when I see a crotch rocket go by, the rider all bent over hanging on the handle bars, behind a tiny wind screen.

I'm just sitting back in comfort, going as fast as he is, hardly any wind, listening to my Ipod, wishing I had a cup of coffee.

They can laugh all they want, but I'll ask them any day to go for a ride with me. They choose the state and we'll head out together.:cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
62,959 Posts
imported post

Hey when you're young, you're bullet proof, but when you get older you realize how much longer it takes to heal and you enjoy the I Pod and think of coffee.........

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
imported post

that right and that is because we got class.and enjoy life every day to the fullest.
it never late to enjoy class.and enjoy your bike.

viper

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Having ridden a couple of sportbikes, the riding posture is fine for about 20-30 minutes, but then really gets tiring. At least I understand now why they never wave - all their weight is on their arms! The worst, though, is when they have a girlfriend on the back - I assume it's a girlfriend, because no wife would ever put up with that position for more than 5 minutes!

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
imported post

I never had a 'Crotch Rocket'...never desired to have one or even ride on one. They just look too uncomfortable. The angle that yourbody is positioned and the "draw" of gravity down on your upper body (especially the neck & head) just seems like it would hurt after a while. (at least I know it would on me. I had a cervical bone fusion years ago and that position puts too much stress on my neck) :shock:

I have and still do own a 'Cruiser' and loved them both.....BUT, until I bought the WING, I didn't know what true comfort in riding was :action:....I always felt thata riderneeded to be in a certain 'mature age' group to ride a WING...and I felt that I was not yet in that catagory.

NOW, I have 'grown up' so-to-speak and see what I was missing those years that I thought so foolishly. The regret I have is that I didn't at least try years ago what I am MAN enough todo now............."Being a WING Man" !!!!!! :goofygrin:

·
Premium Member
62,959 Posts
imported post

BlueWinger
That's why they all drive fast.. The air pushing on your chest equals the pressure on the arms.. At 75/80 you float......... but it's hard to do around town..
So they tell me.....................

·
Premium Member
6,097 Posts
imported post

I wont say that I wouldn't have a crotch rocket. I'm just saying I wouldn't get rid of my Goldwing to get one.
I would love to have one of those 1300 Hyabusua to fly around on. (However you spell it.)

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
imported post

My fiancee made the observation than the two refences of "crotch" and "rocket" do not paint an image that one should be very proud of

She was more blunt about how she put it, but me being the diplomat....... and not wanting to be burned, booted and banned.

·
Premium Member
1,103 Posts
imported post

:coollep: :cooler::cooler::cooler::cooler::cooler::cooler::cooler::cooler: :11brown:

·
Registered
384 Posts
imported post

That is a good one! It does kinda relate to the Gold Wing and a crotch rocket!

I'll keep my Wing, thank you.

Speed isn't anything! Comfort is! :cool:

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
imported post

Bear in mind a rocket is intended to start out quick and and end just as quickly. Their not intended to run for a long of time. .

·
Premium Member
5,382 Posts
imported post

lostinflorida wrote:
I would love to have one of those 1300 Hyabusua to fly around on. (However you spell it.)
However you spell it, it's pronounced Eye Abuser. :cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.