Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Old Broad
3,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

This may seem wierd but I am looking for someone who has time on their hands and would like a winter project and make a few bucks @ the same time. I need someone who lives within a 200 klm radius of B.C.'s lower mainland, who has the place to work & ideally can paint. The location can also include the US Pac NW but you would have to pick up as I do not have a passport. I cannot afford the near $100.00/hr the dealers charge but I don't want this work done for free! And before I get some of you well intention people out there suggesting I do it myself, I do not have the place to do it as I live in an RV park & this type of thing is not allowed. Also, I don't have experience for most of what I have on my list or the equipment. This project could take as long as is needed but I had thought that the end of May would be a good finish time as in this area, one would want to be back to as much seat time as is possible. Here is a list of TO DO's.

[align=center]Things to do for winter project on Baby[/u][/b][/align]
a) Remove Tupperware for painting

b) Paint if capable

c) Clean frame and engine

d) Wire voltmeter

e) Wire switches to rear lights & cornering lamps

f) Remove old C/L switch.

g) Install & wire power plug

h) Install LED`s in brake, tail lamps & fr marker but not signals

i) Overhaul carbs

j) Install "Poorboy" kit

k) Remove stock fan & install Permacool fan in front of rad

l) Check tire pressures ( 41 fr & bk, & 24 on Voyager)

m) Re install body parts but not emblems

:action::action::action::action::action::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil:

·
Old Broad
3,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
imported post

bumpity bump:action::action::action::action:

·
Old Broad
3,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
imported post

This is wierd. I posted this subject but never got anyreplies on my email. And after reading these replies I noticed the there was still the "Watch" button @ bottom.:?:?:cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil:

·
Premium Member
5,408 Posts
imported post

fysty-1 wrote:
b) Paint if capable

i) Overhaul carbs

j) Install "Poorboy" kit

k) Remove stock fan & install Permacool fan in front of rad

:action::action::action::action::action::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil:

These are the items thatare tougher than the others, requiring some special tools and skills along with the ability to swear quietly.

Maybe someone could tackle a bit of it?

·
Old Broad
3,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
imported post

Thanks for the reply Len. Painting is only an option if the person involved has the skill & facilities. I have the paint etc and the local Auto Body school is willing to paint the plastic for 200 bucks. To install the Altenator doesn't require special tools and as the rad & fan have to come out, it would save a couple of steps to install the pusher fan instead of altering and replaceing the stock one. As I had posted this as a project, I only expect only done what the person involed is able to do. There is a lot more needed than is on the list eg Baby need all new harnesses but full restoration will have to wait untill I need to rebuild engine. It does look like a lot and for some like me, it could seem overwhelming but for others, it is just a few weeks work. I am not looking for miracles, just some help to get Baby back in shape. Angela:action::action::action::action:

Oh swearing is optional. hehehehehe:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.