Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Just a little curious. How may folks drain the carb. float bowls before putting your baby to sleep for the winter...?

This used to be a must in the 60/70's with my British twins, gotta' love those Bonnevilles...:D

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

Nope, I just put petrol stabilizer in. I personally feel that leaving the carbs empty is worse than full. At worst having them full of petrol will result in them gumming up with residue and a clean and flush will fix that. Emptying them will make the float bowls and insides fur up with corrosion and you won't fix that too easily.

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Hey Shooter, :action: the best solution to your problem is to move somewhere that the climate is warmer. :grinner:A man has to have his priorities in their proper perspective. :coollep: Seriously just as FitzAl stated use a stabilizer. :clapper:petrol oxidizes as it ages and produces varnish as a byproduct which is lethal for carburetor jets and fuel injector outlets. :crying: To avoid this we use a stabilizer. :clapper:It's very simple, just add the recommended amount from the bottle to the tank then fill the tank completely with petrol. A full tank wont gather any rust internally. :jumper:Run the engine for a few moments to get the stabilizer into the carbs/fuel injectors. :grinner: Now that you have the engined warmed up, :goofygrin: why not change the oil and filter. :stumped: Storing a bike with used oil over the winter is not a good idea. :crying:When you have all that done put a good breathable cover over the bike to keep the dust off etc. :skipping: Dont use plastic covers they only trap the moisture, :crying:an old cloth sheet works wonders. :leprechaun:You could save yourself all this work if you moved to a warmer climate.

:santahat: :18red: :santahat:

·
Premium Member
3,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Redwing, thanks for the refresher on storage... My brother lives about 800 miles south, and I would love to re-locate. Unfortunatly, I still have to work towards retirement and the wages are better in my area....:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.