Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi

I'm haveing a problem keeping my toes from freezing. I was thinking electric socks just like the gloves, the socks advertise "D" battery to run them. I think that = 1.5V it doesn't sound like much so I could be wrong. Anyhow I was thinking clip the battery wires and run a tail directly to the bike that way I wont have to keep replacing batterys. Can anyone advise how to wire it up ? There must be a resister or something in there I would think 12V would be to much. I'm not looking for HOT feet warm would be just fine. Any sugjestions appreciated.

Thank you Tom

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
imported post

I am not an electrical expert at all..but a regulator/diode in the circuit that keeps it at 1.5 v' should do it. Just like the voltage regulator for the gas gauge only allows 7v's through.

But again I am not an expert.

PS 12v's would short it out, start a fire etc..I think...

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
imported post

Tom,
you would have to have some reducer diodes to reduce the current, or you would burn them up. It may hold a 5 volt current x 2, so just run a jumper from the fuse box 5 volt, to the pos to pos, and neg to neg, and that should do it.
Nightrider1

If it doesn't work, at least you can "Fry United"!
You know, they mak electric blankets. Do they make a heated suite?
Nightrider1

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
imported post

A few years ago I bought a pair of those battery socks. sorry to tell ya they didn't work worth beans.I double checked the batteries with my meter and went for a ride. when I got home my feet were cold. I wouldn't waste my money on them. they might do something if your hunting, or standing around but on a bike I found them worthless.I also tried pumping up the voltage and they almost caught fire. My suggestion is get a pair a gerbing elec socks and Have warm feet.

·
Piled Higher and Deeper
4,513 Posts
imported post

Why not use socks designed for 12v..Gerbing has heated socks ..

YOu could make a voltage regulator to drop the voltage to 1.5 or use zener diodes to do the same, but you'd still have some very weak heated socks... there is something that works..

·
Administrator
26,187 Posts

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
imported post

You could always do the old survival trick and sprinkle a tiny bit of cayan pepper on your toes. It really works!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.