Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

If any of you guys are considering doing this it is not as daunting a tsk as you may think.

Probably took me 3 hours in total, best advice I can give you is have a chat with Welsh Winger (Nick) He set me right in a trice and I, (who is technically challenged) managed to do the job.

Thanks for your advice Nick.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
imported post

you mean you had Lady Tan Y Gaer do the work and you told her what to do????

:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
7,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

I look like a fairy on the top of a Christmas tree now, Lady T is not allowed to touch the bike... There are somethings thats mens work...

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
imported post

tanygaer wrote:
I look like a fairy on the top of a Christmas tree now, Lady T is not allowed to touch the bike... There are somethings thats mens work...
apart from clean it you mean?

and it would need to be a damn big xmas tree boyo!:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Registered
583 Posts
imported post

David , Glad to be of help, and glad you had no problems. :weightlifter:

Nick

Welsh Winger

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
imported post

I did that job on my 01 and a couple of others David and it was easy enough. Cutting out the blanks where the bulbholders go took the most time, the wiring was easy enough to do.

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

tanygaer wrote:
You always looked like a fairy on top of a christmas tree ,even BEFORE you had a bike :D:D

·
Premium Member
1,847 Posts
imported post

David is there 2 nick's in wales, the one i know, i cannot get a straight answer out of him, how did you do it. :(

:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
imported post

Dave,

Can you post pics and diagrams? I noticed that only the two outboard trunk lights light up on braking despire having twin filament bulbs and holders in all 4 - the wiring loom differs from the US model in that the inboard bulbs aren't wired in - I guess this is a safety issue in that a cager may not notice the fact the brakes are on if all 4 lights are lit up when he looks up from fiddling with the stereo or whatever. However, i still think I'd like all 4 to light up and if I can put some tail lights in the saddlebags then I can kill two birds with one fekking big stone!!

Electrics are me, just need some ideas....

Cheers,

Glos Dave

·
Premium Member
7,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

I will try and do a write up for you and pm it, I am not good at techy stuff though, so it might be a bit primative.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.