Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I WOULD LOVE MY 1800 TO HAVE A WIRELESS TRANSMITTER/RECIEVER FOR RADIO AND COMMUNICATION. I KNOW THIS WOULD REQUIRE A BATTERY IN THE HELMET BUT CHANGING A BATTERY EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE WOULD BE BETTER THAN BEING TIED TO THE BIKE WITH A FLEX CORD.

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

One of the guys at our recent maintenance day had one of the new J and M outfits. It has a battery in it and you just plug it in to recharge. You can even do this on the bike.

Pretty neat. But very expensive. he told me a bit over 800 bucks helmet and all the electronics also.

Kit

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
imported post

J&M filled a gap with that product and it works very well, I've see some of them. I guess Honda will catch up whenever we see a new Goldwing model.

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
imported post

I agree - It would be wonderful for Honda to put Bluetooth capability on the 2010. The best solution I have for that now is a Garmin Zumo 550. Greatest thing since the bread slicer.

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
imported post

It's a proprietary product but it would be nice if Honda could do something like Microsoft SYNC that are found in Ford vehicles. I've got SYNC in my '08 Ford Fusion and it's great. It monitors the entire system on your vehicle, i.e. tire pressure, brakes, engine performance, voice commands to Bluetooth cell phone. The entire system works by voice command. There is a USB port for a Zune. Any song or artist can be called up to play by the SYNC system. The entire SYNC System is made up of nothing but very small sensors and a short harness.If it can be done in a car, it can be done on a Goldwing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.