Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gentleman,

I will be buying and picking up a Aspen Classic next weekend. It has a 6 pin round plug. My question is I have little knowledge on how to wire the Wing for it. :?
Any assistance and pictures on how to wire and mount recepticle would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Don

·
Premium Member
2000 GL1500SE
3,349 Posts
Here is a diagram of the standard wiring for a 6 way plug.

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
Don
Do you have a trailer isolation harness on the bike already? If not, get one as that will protect the bikes wiring in case of a short on the trailer lighting, it will take the light power on the bike and put it through a relay system and draw power from the battery.
And it is plug and play so you don't cut into the bike's wiring, comes with the connectors to match the bike connectors. You will still have to wire in the connector to match the trailer plug wiring.
http://wingstuff.com/products/2679-trailer-wire-harness-w-isolated-relay?context=trailer_wiring

·
Premium Member
1,046 Posts
Hey Don, Did you get a new or used one? I bought a new one in the middle of December. They gave me a "Pin out " for the wiring. This is on my to-do list in early Spring. If you got one with brakes, The center pin is for the brakes.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Carl,

No it's not new. I found a mint condition used 06 for $2500. I'm going to go pick it up next Saturday.

·
Premium Member
1,046 Posts
Don, Here is a scan of the wire chart I got with my traier.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Carl. I will PM you with some additional information I have gotten from others.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Trailer wiring

I recently bought a used Aspen Classic myself and have a 6 pin round coming off bike with which I only use 5 of the pins and i have them all matched up with 5of the 6 wires coming out of the trailer. I did not use the blue one because it says that is for electric brakes which I do not have. I have everything working except I have no brake lights. I have red connected to red for the brakes, green to green, yellow to yellow, brown to brown and white to white and then the blue is not hooked up at all. Any advice on what you did to get brake lights?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.