Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Nobody
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Seems J&M has discontinued them and I'd really like to have one...

I have a extra microphone, and the factory manuals for the bike (98se) But thought I would ask opinions first...

Anybody have the J&M one that can tell me how it's hooked up?

·
Nobody
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thanks Rudy, that helps some, but how did J&M get the PTT on the handheld to work? I was hoping someone would know:?

My only thought now is to wire in a connector in the fairing pocket that matches the pin out of the microphone....but I know J&M did it through the headset plug somehow.

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

Not on my year model. Don't know what they did with that on the later models.
My PTT only occurs on the bar switch.

·
Vendor
680 Posts
imported post

J&M used a 7 pin din plug on the mic and HS pigtail in order to add the PTT function and still be able to use the standard 5 pin headset. I believe we still have a few of the HM-09 kits as we purchased the last of them from J&M.

·
Nobody
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Wayne wrote:
J&M used a 7 pin din plug on the mic and HS pigtail in order to add the PTT function and still be able to use the standard 5 pin headset. I believe we still have a few of the HM-09 kits as we purchased the last of them from J&M.
Thanks Wayne, that explains it! How much is the "kit"? Is it feasible to use a regular CB mic since I already have one?

·
Vendor
680 Posts
imported post

The kit is under $60. To modify your mic you would need a 7 pin male din and rewire the mic to match the wiring of the mic input and PTT function.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.