Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

So, I got the stereo pulled out and put back in with the proper mounting so it looks and fits better. It had an issue with the power randomly cutting out and the stereo having to reset, I figured it was because the radio was pushed in too tight and was pinching the power lead, but now that it's fixed, the cutting out continues.

Of course it will never do it with my test leads hooked up to determine if it's at the stereo or the power splice. I tapped into the light green wire with the black stripe in under the left fairing pocket. Because the factory wiring was so ****** up, I tested everything out and determined that was probably the power to the original radio, but that doesn't mean it was. So where can I tap into the power that can eliminate that possibility?

Next question, this one's easier,where can I get the socket for the steering stem?

·
Premium Member
3,467 Posts
imported post

I don't know about the steering stem socket but I have a suggestion for the stereo. Check the plug-in contact's for cleanliness and GENTLY pry the male contact's out a wee bit for better contact. That might help....

·
Premium Member
2,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

I should have mentioned it's an aftermarket stereo. The entire factory setup has been been removed and a whole new wiring harness constructed.

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
imported post

blackknytecnc wrote:
Next question, this one's easier,where can I get the socket for the steering stem?
I think this may address what you need. The correct tool is over a 100 bucks I think, but this homemade solution may just fix you up.
Clicky Clicky

·
Premium Member
2,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Yeah, I think if it costs that much I'll be diggin' for an old socket. Thanks :claps:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.