Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Well, the Interstate thrives; John Boy's old 75 750 Honda is still humming two years after I replaced the head gaskets, but I have a new project and a new problem.

I found a 1966 Honda 90 behind a barn in Oshawa. I am in the process of getting it documented, but I really need to know if any of that legion of junk collectors out there has a wiring chart for one of these old classics.

If you do, I'd love to get a private message from you.

Last, but not least, if Mr. Larramore is out there, are you going to be going to the bike show in January at the International Centre (or are any of the other "Toronto Old Reliables" going to be showing up?

I have missed this place.

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
imported post

I would try Google Search for 1966 Honda 90!!

I pull up several page for Honda 90. Good Luck Lee

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Hi Dean ,I think we might have one in the workshop ,I will look tomorrow and see ..is it a step through or is it the regular motorcycle type(tank between the legs) ?Ciaran

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

This has been said a million times here, but this has got to be one of the most courteous; helpful, and downright friendly websites in the world for helping people out who have a common interest like bikes.

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

We do not have one, But I have asked my bosses father ,he is extremely knowledgeable on the step thrus and still has parts for them ,he says there were 5 different types :shock:He is going to take a look and see if he can dig out a diagram for you ,I will get back to you ASAP ,Ciaran

·
Premium Member
7,574 Posts
imported post

wexy wrote:
We do not have one, But I have asked my bosses father ,he is extremely knowledgeable on the step thrus and still has parts for them ,he says there were 5 different types :shock:He is going to take a look and see if he can dig out a diagram for you ,I will get back to you ASAP ,Ciaran
I have been in wexy's bosses shop, Magpie is the word that springs to mind....

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

Actually, it is a 1966 Honda CM91...it's been an interesting chase to figure out what it was...

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
imported post

if my memory serves me, the 90 scooterettes were C200, the 50cc ones being C100 and C102 (electric start - had one !)
the c90 prefix applied to the ohc engine which came in about 67 I think. Dont know if this relevant to your's or not but an ex girlfreind once had a c90 and if you did not use the headlight (dip or main) at night and only rode on sidelights then the the battery would go flat whilst riding as the charging system could not cope unless the extra coils kicked in for headlight

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

THE C200 was not a step thru :(,it had a tank across ,the c90 was the step thru ,The 50 CUB ,was a c100 and C110

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
imported post

Jeez, you guys are incredible...I get the impression that practically everybody out there is like me-their fondest memories are of being about sixteen; having a little Honda, and finally getting to take a girl out on something with a motor on it!

In my case, my first Honda 50 was bought in 1966 in Vancouver. It cost fifty bucks at Fred Deeley Motors on Broadway, and I believe the insurance was thirty bucks a year.

I know that I put on 4,000 miles in the rain between October 1966 and March of 1967-top speed 42 m.p.h.

I am now on my 18th and 19th Hondas, but that one was the best.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.