Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,
Anyone have a wiring diagram for a Midland 77-099 CB that's fitted to my 1500? It has a red wire which I know is 'live' and a black wire which I know is 'earth'. It also has a 6 other wires which are insulated together in a bunch. Their colours are red. blue, green, yellow, black and white. I don't know where these go as they are cut at around 3 inches long. Any ideas?
Regards;
Gerry.

·
Premium Member
2,295 Posts
Hey Gerry…

Are those wires in the front or the back of the CB?

Can you post a picture of the CB and those wires?

Tim.

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Gerry…

Are those wires in the front or the back of the CB?

Can you post a picture of the CB and those wires?

Tim.
Hi, all the wires are at the back of the CB. I'll try and get a picture of them in a while. Thanks;
Gerry.

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Guys,
Anyone have a wiring diagram for a Midland 77-099 CB that's fitted to my 1500? It has a red wire which I know is 'live' and a black wire which I know is 'earth'. It also has a 6 other wires which are insulated together in a bunch. Their colours are red. blue, green, yellow, black and white. I don't know where these go as they are cut at around 3 inches long. Any ideas?
Regards;
Gerry.
This is my CB unit.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,295 Posts
Years ago (early/mid 80) I use to install and repair a lot of this type of stuff (all kinds of consumer electronics). When you mentioned those colors, it flashed into my brain where I saw those before. Those colors of wired are usually the colors that are in the keyed mic that you talk into.

My theory is that maybe that the PO of this bike manually installed a cable out the back of the CB and wired it directly to the bike or somebody did it for something else. It will be interesting to see if that is a factory “wire” in that location.

Usually you have a power connector, antenna connector and sometimes a jack for an external speaker. Sometimes you even have a jack for an outdoor horn speaker that allows your CB to be also used as a PA system. It will have a switch located on the front that will say PA on it.

It will be neat to see your pictures. Hope they are clear.

Tim.

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
as per one of my other posts , there was a interface that fitted between the midland and the wing and you will need this to get it working on a wing , the mic on a wing will not work on the cb unless you have the interface .. I dont know where you will get one ,as most have been binned by now I would think . you could try http://www.sierra-mc.com/products.asp?cat=18
They do a small cb with the complete hook up for the wing and not expensive ,,

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
as per one of my other posts , there was a interface that fitted between the midland and the wing and you will need this to get it working on a wing , the mic on a wing will not work on the cb unless you have the interface .. I dont know where you will get one ,as most have been binned by now I would think . you could try http://www.sierra-mc.com/products.asp?cat=18
They do a small cb with the complete hook up for the wing and not expensive ,,

Ciaran, I've looked at the site you mentioned. Can you tell me which of the items on the site you refer to as having the complete hook up for the Goldwing?
Regards;
Gerry.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.