Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I want to wire my fog lights to the headlights so they are on at all times even when I put the high beams on. Any help on how?

Thanks in advance.

Dean

·
Guru
3,074 Posts
imported post

I would tap power from your running lights & upgrade your fuse a few amps to handle the load. You can also find switchable power in your fuse box. (Power that shuts off with the key) & run off that. All you need is a test light.

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

So I find the wire from the running lights and go into the fuse box for on/off key power?

·
Premium Member
1,847 Posts
imported post

i have never been a great fan of tapping into wiring, it would be better to use a relay and trigger that relay from the accessories point. If you search on this forum, others have took the time to show how to get a realy and wire it in

·
Old School Guru
7,889 Posts

·
Administrator
26,935 Posts
imported post

All you have to do is jumper the fog light relay, depending on which kit it was to where the relay is and which wires to jump. The kit I got from Show Chrome came with the jumper plug and the relay.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,720 Posts
imported post

I also agree with the relay.

You really do not want to add amperage draw to the factory wiring. At least I don't.

·
Administrator
26,935 Posts
imported post

The relay is already there, if it is jumpered it is not adding any load to the wiring that is already there. If you tap into the high beam circuit then the fog lights would only be on when on high beam. He wants them on with low beams too.

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
imported post

I thought it was illegal to have fog lights on with high beams?

·
Premium Member
3,790 Posts
imported post

hlothery wrote:
I thought it was illegal to have fog lights on with high beams?
That may vary by state, it is illegal here in Penn... :gunhead:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.