Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I'm putting in a single 55 watt driving light, I'm mounting it right below the the fairing between the forks, so it will follow where the tire goes. I've got an extra relay here, it was an extraone for the airhorn, my problem is thatI don't have directions for what wire goes to what connection on the relay.

Does anyone have a copy of directions for the relay.

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
imported post

I had a diagram, but can't find it now:X

What's the mfg of the relay? I did a search on google to find the one that I had.

If I find it I will post it. It is for a Bosch relay.

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

will this help

Attachments

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

Here's how I've got all my accessories wired. I like to run a couple of leads from the accessory fuse on the bike's original wiring system to my relays, so that they are switched on with the ignition.

Guess I'll have to run another 12v outlet into the trunk,so Ican recharge my new laptop's battery while I'm riding.

Dusty

·
Premium Member
1,365 Posts
imported post

With the light mounted between the forks and below the fairing, will you have enough room for the forks to compress when you hit a big dip someday? Just a thought.:baffled:

·
Premium Member
973 Posts
imported post

If you are mounting it on the lower fork assembly, what will it do to your bulb life? I would think that it would get vibrated to pieces in a short time. Around my neck of the woods, the country roads are in pretty good shape but the streets in Wisconsin Dells (tourist trap supreme) are bad enough that I will not drive down the main strip even though the "scenery" is fantastic in the summer. I have to drive through on the way to work but I stay on back streets to miss idiots and pot holes.

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
imported post

The light I'm mountingis one of the small ones insize, maybe 2 1/2 inch's in diameter and it is mounted to the plastic peice that is just below the fairing. It is small enough and high enough that fork compression is not an issue. I'm also doubting that vibration will be an issue for the bulb as the the plastic should absorb most of it. I am wondering how steady it will be going down the road, but the only way to judge that will be to try it.

As far as the roads here go, 95 percent of the roads are good roads, there are the potholes and road deformities that you get no matter where you ride or drive and I"m sure will cause some degree of vibration.

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
imported post

Guys, thanks for the schematics, you gave me exactly what I needed.

Just out of curiosity, has onyone ever thought about hooking up a set of lights to operate in conjunction to the low beams?

·
Administrator
27,898 Posts
imported post

All you have to do to make it work with the low beam is connect the wire to terminal 85 to the low beam, I think there is a connector already on the headlight plug.

·
Premium Member
1,365 Posts
imported post

Richardrwg wrote:
Just out of curiosity, has onyone ever thought about hooking up a set of lights to operate in conjunction to the low beams?
I have had this driving light controller on my GL 1500 since the mid 1990s and it works great. I ordered one a couple of months ago for my GL 1100 but have not installed it yet. The driving lights are switched along with the head lights with the hi/lo beam switch. On low the driving lights draw less power than on high making it ideal for GL 1200 or older Wings.http://www.kriss.com/drivinglight.php

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.