Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I'm going to be wiring my 95 SE for a trailer in the near future. I have a wiring harness I purchased from Cyclemax as well as the 5 wire to 4 wire converter. I'm looking for suggestions and possible pictures of how some of you have wired your trailer lights and routed the wires.

Thanks,

Don

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
imported post

I recently rewired my trailer from the the P.O.The ground is wired back to the bike frame thru the pigtail. This eliminates the possible ground problem when grounding thru the trailer frame and hitch. I added a second set of lights. One set is tail and turn signals the other is tail and brake lights.

Good luck.

·
Anti-Guru
2,711 Posts
imported post

I've got all my connections in the under-trunk pan with the isolator attached to the top of the license plate lamp area. the under-trunk pan has easy access to all running, brake, and turn lamp connections, and also has easy access to under the seat to pickup solid battery and ground connevtions.

The trailer's connection (pigtail, or whatever) routes easily down the side-stays for the rear fender, to which they are secured with a boat-load of wire-ties to keep the pigtail well out of harm's way from the tire and road debris.

I built my isolator/converter to fit in the available space, so fitting seperate units may be somewhat different. Still, I highly recommend the "pan" area for the electronic bits.

·
Premium Member
616 Posts
imported post

I installed the CycleMax adaptor & 5 to 4 wire converter into the "under-trunk pan" are too. Worked good. There was enough room for one wrap of thin foam to insulate it a bit. I had no problem running the ground & power wires forward. I ran the wire harness for the trailer connector down under behind the license plate bracket and zip-tied it to some chrome aftermarket light support brackets back there - I didn't take any plastic off or attempt to hide the wiring much.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.