Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

hello everyone, i'm new to this site ..i have a gl1100 1981 standard, rebuilt carbs and runs great now. i bought a hondaline fairing and want to know the proper way to wire it up. does anyone have a wiring diagram? i would be most greatful..thank you:)

·
Administrator
26,934 Posts
imported post

You should be able to find a harness that plugs into the bike wiring and goes to the fairing and a fairing wiring harness pretty easily. In fact I have the fairing harness but I don't think I have the sub harness for the bike end.

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
imported post

As William said, you need to start with the wiring diagrams. To put the fairling on, you will need to remove the standardheadlight and turn signals. Behind the headlight there is a maze of wiring probably plugging into an array of connectors. What you need and will have to make is a patch cable to go from those connectors to the connector on the left side of the fairing. I assume the fairing cabling is still there and in good shape. Good luck and keep us informed of your progress.

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
imported post

Make sure you use the counter weight where the headlight bucket was on the naked bike.

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

thank you everyone for timely and great advice..i did get the weight and also the fairing harness..i also got very lucky and am getting the hardbags also..he's bobbing his gl1100 and i'm interstating my standard..go figure..i will have to have fairing and bags painted as they're black and my bike is wineberry..but i even got a working am/fm casset player installed in fairing.. fairing is in great shape with no cracks, only the radio cover which looks like naugahide has snaps tore out , an easy fix..i will keep you posted as to progress i downloaded manual and wiring diag from goldwingdocs...THANK YOU.. ya'll are great

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

william , i forgot to say wiring is in fairing and i also got harness from light bucket to fairing and the covers to run wiring thru from forks..thank you..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.