Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi all I have a real problem I have a 86 Aspencade, I was installing a power point to power my cell phone charger. I got it all hooked up and every thing back together, Now when I turn my radio on I get a bad buzzing sound and when I change the radio station with the switch on the handle bars or the radio I get a real bad buzzing sound. I have taken the false tank and every thing I done back apart and check wiring and can not figure out what the heck is making the radio buzz like that. Has anyone ever run into this problem before. I don't know what else to check or do. Thanks a mill. MCFF :sadguy::sadguy:

·
Premium Member
2,142 Posts
imported post

Where did you hook the ground? For that matter where did you tap the power?

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

Like wingsam41, we need more info.
Did you try disconnecting the power port to see if you still have the buzz? Did you clean all connections you pulled off the bike when you connected it up; ie: any grounds and positive leads, the battery connections?
Did you hook up using a relay or direct to battery?
Clean connectors are esential.
Hope that helps Bro!

·
Premium Member
2,523 Posts
imported post

Check your antenna connections? Roll the bike out from under the florescent light in your shop? :) Are you on AM, FM, or the Cassette?

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
imported post

First, where did you pull the power from, wheres the +12V connected.
Second, does it do this without your cell phone charger connected to the power point?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Guys I thought of all the questions you ask I unhooked what I done and so it would be like it was when I started it still does it, something else I moved around done it ??? guess I will have to rewire it all. I am in the process of removing the three yellow wire connectors and hard wire them. thanks MCFF:sadguy::sadguy:

·
Premium Member
4,379 Posts
imported post

some power adapters cause noise due to their low quality. try disconnecting it and see if it cures the problem.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Guys I installed a cig. Plug for a cell phone charger I do not have a CB Radio so it has to be a short some were in the spot I was working or the Radio went to crap's there is nothing plugged in the cig. plug. it happen when I moved and hooked up the wiring but like I said I unhooked what I installed but it still buzz's ??:stumped::stumped::stumped:

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
imported post

Bufallowing wrote:
Mine did exactly that about a week ago. Turns out the CB radio was on. Make sure it's turned off.
LOL... Been there done that when I first bought my Aspy earlier this year. Turned into a DOH! moment but learning is half the fun. :action:

·
Premium Member
2,790 Posts
imported post

you might check the conections on the back of radio for good contact and check if the intercom is turned off on the radio

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.