Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Hi All,

I've got a '95 Interstate that I just got a pair saddlebag lights for. The kind that replace the reflectors. I'm would like to have opinions on the best place to splice them into the wire harness. I would use the plug for the trunk reflectors, but I've got lights there as well. TIA

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

These are the ones that sit in the saddlebag lids right? Most people drill a small hole in the trunk and remove the lower corner piece, then splice into the wires for the saddlebag corner lights. Thats how Honda and the aftermarket instructinstell it with their instructions for the saddlebag lights. Worked well for me. :)

·
Premium Member
1,153 Posts
imported post

Ted's right. That's the way everyone I know does it. Just cable tie the wire to the hinge so it won't snag when you close the lid.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

L8ndeb wrote:
Hi All,

I've got a '95 Interstate that I just got a pair saddlebag lights for. The kind that replace the reflectors. I'm would like to have opinions on the best place to splice them into the wire harness. I would use the plug for the trunk reflectors, but I've got lights there as well. TIA
One way to do it without changing the bike wiring is to get a trailer hitch wiring harness. The Markland hitch on my bike has a harness with plugs and sockets that allow you to connect into the connectors under the trunk and then run the leads down to the trailer hitch for the trailer lights. That harness would work nicely for you since you'd just run the leads to your saddlebag lights instead. It sure is nice and clean, no splices.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.