Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a simple question.
Do you like riding with someone( either two up,) or just a friend on another bike, or a lot of friends.

OR, Just by yourself?
And camping too.

AND WHY?

Hey guys its winter here, so give me a break.
God bless
Gary

·
Senior Moment Member
3,707 Posts
Just a simple question.
Do you like riding with someone( either two up,) YES
or just a friend on another bike YES
, or a lot of friends. NOT SO MUCH -

OR, Just by yourself? YES

And camping too. ABSOLUTELY YES

AND WHY?

Hey guys its winter here, so give me a break.
God bless
Gary
I don't like riding with a large group of other riders, I am always paranoid about their abilities and I don't like picking body parts up off the road.

Henry

·
Premium Member
1,584 Posts
I like riding alone best where I don't have to worry about others keeping up. The 2 I ride with the most tend to dawdle and I like to go! I really enjoy a long ride, such as when I rode 650 miles on Memorial Day to decorate graves in Kansas. When I rode with another rider to do the same ride, it took almost 18 hours. I did it in 13 by myself. I really enjoy riding with my wife, but she can't on the 2 wheeler any more. That's why I have a hack rig now. I used to ride with a group over in Missouri, but it's a long way over there and group rides aren't as fun for me as a solo ride. I haven't done any camping for awhile, but would enjoy doing it again, I think.

·
Premium Member
5,319 Posts
I like to ride alone, 2 up with the wife or daughter, and with a friend or 2 on another bike(s) but most of all I do NOT enjoy riding in large groups (over 5 bikes I guess). It stresses me out a bit and I prefer to relax while I ride.

I like camping and enjoy camping with friends who camp. The evenings around the campfire makes for a great time as well as breakfast when you can share your coffee secrets with a fellow camper! As some of you know I usally pull a trailer when camping so that I can have some comfort features like a larger tent, 2 burner stove, a couple of chairs/tables and various other items of perceived "need".

·
Premium Member
1993 gl1500, 1976 gl1000
3,908 Posts
I prefer riding with my wife. I also enjoy riding alone but her company is better and she never complains. I don't really like group rides simply because there is always someone in the group who complains about everything. It's too hot, its too cold, its too windy, you're riding to fast or too slow, etc.

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
I like riding alone or with someone!
Dubs

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Yes to all, but with exceptions.
No to the camping part, spent enough time on the ground, like a regular bed.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
I like riding alone or in small group with friends. I love to Motocamp and swap stories around the campfire. I occasionally ride 2 up. Wife and daught like to take day trips of 200-300 miles. Can't get them to do the overnighters or multi day trips with me

·
Premium Member
320 Posts
My wife does not ride with me. I can say I like riding with a group and riding alone equally. Both have thier flaws however.

Riding with a group can be frustrating beyond belief. In our MC Club we have a few new riders and they will not go very fast. We did a run to springfield illinois for the state fair this past summer. Its about 100 miles from st louis. One of our newer riders was given the task of leading the group (part of his prospect assignments) and we rode said 100 miles at 50-55 mph. my god it felt like that ride took FOREVER. But while in springfield, we had a blast and ate more food than we should have. It has pros and cons is all I can say.

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
I like 2 up with my wife. I do enjoy a few other bikes once in a while, but we listen to tunes and talk. It's hard to do when someone decides to be our "tour guide" and blabber for hours on the CB, about everything we pass by. "This old house on the right is where so-and-so lived, and over here on the left is the oldest land fill in Alabama!" Who cares! You just interrupted Pink Floyd's Run like Hell!!!! jimsjinx

·
Premium Member
17,087 Posts
Two up with the wife, but I preferring riding by myself.

As far as riding with a group, I will ride with my dad, but again I prefer riding by myself. If I am riding in a group, I am always tail end Charlie so I can ride how I want to and not feel pressured that I need to keep up so others won't fall behind.

·
Premium Member
1,049 Posts
I like riding 2up with my wife. She is an excellent passenger and we both enjoy time spent on the Wing. I have a small group of friends I ride with occassionaly. For the most part it is a short casual ride and sometimes I feel like it is too much of a pain to ride with them because the can't seem to decide where to go, of if they do, it is to the same places.

As far as riding with a large group, I don't do it very often. I did ride with a very large group last Sunday, it was the Marine Corps Toys for Tots ride in Columbia, SC. I have not heard an offical bike count but I would feel safe in saying between 1000 to 1500 bikes. It was an amazing thing to be a part of and I enjoyed the ride but it was a real short one.

This coming weekend, the wife and I are doing the Columbia veteran's charity ride in Columbia, SC. We are meeting Columbia Honda Powerhouse and then riding to the Dorn V.A. hospital in Columbia to hand out some gifts to the vets there.

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
I like riding........

Favorite ride is when my son is on his wing, we are both riding 2 up, me with my girl and he with his........ We both have CB's so we can stay in constant contact if needed.

I don't mind larger groups as long as most have some form of communications, like a CB so we can stay in contact without always having to check mirrors.....

I love camping from the wing.... Pulling the trailer so the whole family can go, or just going alone..... Relaxing and fun either way.......

·
1,566 Posts
Single, no kids. Never been part of a MC club.
My rides are single/single. Except for very rare occurrences.
Last time there was a two up on my 'wing, my sister wanted a test ride. That was last year. Before that, my late wife rode on my V45 Magna. That was about 20 some years ago.
Last time two up with another bike. About 5 or 6 years ago when I was still up around Seattle. Friend and I rode to a bike get together to raise funds for a downed rider that we both knew that needed help.

·
Registered
517 Posts
solo: my schedule, I make better time, answer to no one, can take my FJR instead of GL.

best trips the last few years have been the ones where I rode X country solo one way and wife flew and accompanied the other way.

with wife passenger or small group (2 or 3 bikes) of like minded riders: overall more fun, some back-up in the event of breakdown, evenings are often the highlight of the trip

no large groups (unless it's a tribute ride for military) due to the inevitable complainer and often careless or ignorant rider

camped when I was much younger. now it's motels with a warm shower and hot tub for my aching bones. given how expensive campsites have become motels are not even a big cost premium anymore.

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
2 up. Wouldn't know how to make the wing go without the wife behind me. Like riding alone so we only have to worry about making each other happy. Will ride in small groups, but not often. Used to motocamp, but since buying motorhome it is more comfortable and gives us the opportunity to take the grandkids with us.

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
just the wife and I, We have riden with another couple their harley was geared different then the goldwing I was forever shifting up and down to stay with them. like just having to keep the wife happy!!!!

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
I ride the PGR Missions alone from the house to muster. Many short trips (100 miles or less) I go with my CVMA chapter. Some men have a dominatrix, some have a navigator. I would not make a long trip without my navi-gatrix. I can get lost going around the block. She remembers every place she has ever been, who was there, and nine different ways to get back. We are meeting my son next summer in South Dakota. We will ride from Texas and he and daughter in law will come from Colorado. He is going to become a new Winger later this month. Some guy in Colorada had a deal too good to refuse. Few things are more enjoyable than riding with a son. We pee-paws and soon to be great pee-paws have to grab all the fun we can get while we still can. Life is good!

Chief

·
Premium Member
1,653 Posts
I guess I am a loaner. I like riding alone. I like having everything I need with me so that I can camp if I choose to, or find a hotel if the mood takes me.
Last year I was camping and met up with a harley-guy who was cage camping with his wife. We had a good chat. The following morning we met again and he asked me where I was going today. I honestly told him that I had no idea. Wherever the road takes me.
You can't do that unless you are on your own.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.