Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 29 of 29 Posts
JJ,I just had this same problem a couple of weeks ago. I tried to plug it several times with a few different plugs. No luck. Some guys mentioned patching it from the inside. Theres no way I would go through all the trouble to remove that wheel just to patch it. My tire probably had 5K left on it as well but my wife said she would'nt ride with a repaired tire (not enough tires on the ground for her anyway).

Ok you started it now, now that he is screwed he will probably "bolt" naah that's nuts.
( I could not resist)

I'm from the "replace the tire camp"... IMHO, plugging it would work to get you to a place where you can have it replaced...

I look at this way - there are only two small patches of rubber on the ground between me and eternity... $200 bucks is a cheap price to pay for a little more time "on the green side of dirt" !!! ;)

Just my 2 cents...

Les

Tire puncture

My two cents. Own sidecar rig, so all my tires are stressed a lot more, especially my GL1500 rear tire. Only had 500 mi. on rear tire, when it picked up long, very rusty screw. Dealer absolutely refused to plug, because entry point was 1" from internal exit spot. Didn't argue; bought new tire because my wife's/yours truly's lives are more important than cost of new tire AND peace-of-mind is worth this, when on the road with all the wacky cagers around us. TTFN....papasmurf :)
P.S. My old tire made a nice flower bed for wife's petunias, LOL!

screws are hard to plug...nails so...so.....id pull the tire inspect it and patch it from the inside..if you wanna save the tire....and be confident....and if tires dont grow on trees for ya$

Greetings jj, you will have to decide what to do with your tire. If it was mine I would plug it and keep an eye on the pressure then ride it until worn down enough to replace. In fact I have just last week plugged the rear tire on mine. The tire has about 7k miles on it with plenty of tread left. The puncture was in the center of the tire and straight in.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.