Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

The second new D-EIII continues to cause a little wobble that begins about 35/40 mph and continues up to 65 or so. I was told that this "wobble" is present in most 1800's. I did not experience this problem with the stock D-250 or Avon. But, before I have this second new tire removed I would like to know from other 1800 owners if that annoying "wobble" is just another factory defect in the 1800. I guess I'm trying to justify spendinganother $200.00 for super brace to correct a $100.00 tire problem.

Mr. Peabody

GL1800

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Ihave bridgestone and no wobble of any kind ,,I think a few people have had problems with the elite 3 wobble,,Ciaran

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

Hey Peabody :leprechaun:The solution to your problem is :clapper:take those god damn tyres off and replace them with BRIDGESTONES. :clapper:Correct pressure 36psi in the front and 41psi in the rear. :clapper: The :18red:will follow a straight line at 5mph or 65mph and no wobble. :weightlifter:

:walker::18red::walker:

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Thanks for the reply. You are the second person to recommend bridgstone. I made an inquiry with Dunlop regarding the Elite III wobble problem.

Mr. Peabody

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

Mr.1200 wrote:
Not all 1800's had the low speed shake??? Thanks Honda :gunhead:

Try this site for more 1800 owners input on this.
Hey Mr.1200 :stumped:There is no point giving a member the name of a site with regard to his problem, :stumped: it's a link to the particular thread on the site that the member requires :jumper:so that he can read the info he is looking for.

:weightlifter::18red::weightlifter:

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
imported post

Absolutly no wobble on two sets of tyres, Front end started to wobble when the rear tyre started to separate, new tyre on rear, fixed it.

Jas

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

Hey james :leprechaun: Will you please update your profile :clapper:by completing the LOCATION section, and tell us what country you live in. :weightlifter:

:jumper::18red::jumper:

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

Mr.1200 wrote:
I only pointed him to one ofthe 1800 board site's. so he'd know where other 1800 owners can get information about this particular Model.
Yeah but you shouldhave pointed him to the thread that deals with this problem on that particular site. :stumped:

:stumped::18red::stumped:

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

Mr 1200... thanks for the 1800tech site. I added it to my bookmark list.

Mr. Peabody

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
imported post

Right on Mr 1200, seems if someone can follow this forum, they can also follow the threads on another forum. People are so touchy these days!!

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

Mr.1200 wrote:
you can't understand how to complete a search???? :baffled:
I can complete a search, :clapper:but i was just concerned for Mr. Peabody, :baffled:but now he has it sorted, so all is well. :clapper: Good nite.

:leprechaun: :18red: :leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
imported post

Hi Mr. P

My 2001 1800 (euro model) had Bridgestones as original equipment; never had a problem with them. Changed at 10k miles for Dunlop D250s (made in Japan)cos I got them at a good price. No problems with them either after1500miles.

I recall that in the UK a couple of years ago one or two 1800 owners reported virtual destruction of rear tyres which started to shred after just a few thousand miles. Afraid I can't offer any more info on this.

It seems to me that the1800 is harder on tyres than my previous 1500 was. The 1500 had Elites and lasted 15k miles.

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
imported post

Thanks Colbee. I would have stayed with the original D-250's that came on the bike but I only got 7k on the front tire, and went to a Avon at the suggestion of another Wing rider. On a good note, the original rear tire lasted a little over 16k. I didn't notice the wobble until I went to the E-III's. (a matched set) I have my bike at the Honda dealer checking everything, bearings, motor-mounts, etc. If the dealers Goldwing man cannot find anything wrong with the forks et al, then I'll be taking the bike back to the company that installed the E-111's and have a set of Bridgestones mounted.

Mr. Peabody

GL1800

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

Mr. Peabody wrote:
I'll be taking the bike back to the company that installed the E-111's and have a set of Bridgestones mounted.

Mr. Peabody

GL1800
Well done Mr.Peabody :clapper:you wont regret it. :weightlifter:

:leprechaun: :18red::leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
imported post

If you buy a brace and it corrects your wobble, please let me know! I am in tire HELL with my GL1800 and wobbles.

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

Luvs2ride wrote:
If you buy a brace and it corrects your wobble, please let me know! I am in tire HELL with my GL1800 and wobbles.
Hey Luvs2ride :waving:Welcome to the best Goldwing Forum on the net. :clapper:What kind of tyres have you fitted on your :18red:? ? ?

:leprechaun::18red::leprechaun:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Mr. Peabody wrote:
Thanks Colbee. I would have stayed with the original D-250's that came on the bike but I only got 7k on the front tire, and went to a Avon at the suggestion of another Wing rider. On a good note, the original rear tire lasted a little over 16k. I didn't notice the wobble until I went to the E-III's. (a matched set) I have my bike at the Honda dealer checking everything, bearings, motor-mounts, etc. If the dealers Goldwing man cannot find anything wrong with the forks et al, then I'll be taking the bike back to the company that installed the E-111's and have a set of Bridgestones mounted.

Mr. Peabody

GL1800
Please keep us posted on the results, if removing the EIIIs clear up the wobble.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.