Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Just purchased this unit, looks and rides great but has a front end wobble below 70 kmh...any ideas....thanks:?:readit:

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
imported post

it may be your steering head bearing. mine would shake around 25-30 mph with one hand on the handlebars . had new head bearings put in rides like a dream

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
imported post

Might want to check the wear on your tires - I had a slight wobble at lower speeds and replaced the rear tire. Wobble went away.

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

You mentioned the REAR tire...I would have thought the front, good idea...thanks

·
Senior Guru
3,589 Posts
imported post

Front tyre is the first thing to look at. Also your fork oil may be old, which drops the front end and puts more weight on it.

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Thanks...front tire was replaced 100 miles ago and the fork oil chnage when they were redone 3 weeks ago....but thanks anyway...any other suggestions...all is appreciated..

·
Premium Member
10,276 Posts
imported post

Check to make sure the tire is completely sealed against the rim. If it didn't pop completely, it will have that wobble.

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
22,576 Posts
imported post

walnut wrote:
You mentioned the REAR tire...I would have thought the front, good idea...thanks
It was always the rear tire when mine started to wobble. I found out some tires are more prone to wobble.

·
Registered
33 Posts
imported post

If tires are good and balacned then check the steering head bearing and check the preload of these bearings. The preload for these bearings should be 4.00 to 4.85 pounds. Incorrect steering head bearing preload can cause handlebar oscillation.

·
Senior Smart Aleck
1,599 Posts
imported post

Bike...and Dennis wrote:
walnut wrote:
It was always the rear tire when mine started to wobble. I found out some tires are more prone to wobble. [/quote

+1 on rear tire. Fixed my wobble.

·
Premium Member
1,735 Posts
imported post

I switched my tires out and the wobble almost went away completely, Then it came back after a few thousand miles. The wear on the back tire caused it to start cupping which probably caused the wobble if you combine it with a few other things. I'm going to eventually change my springs out to progressive springs and change the fork oil as well as the bearings. But that's just my plans on my wobble. Yours could probably just be fixed by one of those things. :) happy riding.

:ROFL: I just noticed that this was my 666th post. :ROFL: sorry, just had to mention it.

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

After all this good advice I took the bike into my Honda dealer and they confirm it is my rear tire being badly scalloped that is casuing my wobble...this site has been invsaluable thanks to all that responded.... :waving::waving:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.