Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been riding for about 12 years and rode almost every make and model and for the last 2 years, I have been riding 2018 ninja h2r.

I am looking to buy a Goldwing from my friend and it wobbles a lot just at 130 mph. is this normal?
Your prompt response to this query is needed.

·
Administrator
25,781 Posts
Sounds like a good thing to me, keep you from doing that.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,307 Posts
Personally?

I won't push it past 100 mph unless it is extremely temporary, like passing a long string of trucks on a Downhill grade.

did that once on a long trip, where I had to follow 3 trucks through rolling hills and unable to ever get a long "line of sight" so that I knew I would be able to pass them without involving any oncoming traffic.

the GPS recorded "110 mph max" on that trip.
I never looked at the speedo, was way too involved just to be sure I was not going to get in trouble.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I know it's been seven months, but I probably missed the opportunity earlier.

Looking at the prior posts, that'll teach you to post on a geriatric forum about doing over the speed limit. Try to balance it out with a ride blog about Dairy Queen or something. :LOL:

But seriously, did you mean 30 miles per hour (some Goldwings have a certain "pulse" or "pogo" feeling at 30, especially when coasting or decelerating), or did you mean 130 miles per hour, which most people on this forum will have no experience with?

·
Administrator
25,781 Posts
Personally?

I won't push it past 100 mph unless it is extremely temporary, like passing a long string of trucks on a Downhill grade.

I never looked at the speedo, was way too involved just to be sure I was not going to get in trouble.
That's me too, over 100 the road isn't wide enough for me to take my eyes off it to look.

·
Registered
427 Posts
LOL. Unfortunately that would be 95 mph, because the speedometer is optimistic by 5+ mph at that speed.

·
Premium Member
2012 GL1800
461 Posts
The Goldwing is a touring bike, not a crotch rocket. And twice the weight of your Ninja.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Haha, of a cliff maybe!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
I have been riding for about 12 years and rode almost every make and model and for the last 2 years, I have been riding 2018 ninja h2r.

I am looking to buy a Goldwing from my friend and it wobbles a lot just at 130 mph. is this normal?
The wobble is caused by a loose nut on the handle bars. Try riding hands free at that speed and see if the wobble lasts long.

·
Premium Member
1,348 Posts

129 has always been fast enough for me!

Reactions: Wing Guy

·
Premium Member
1,357 Posts
It's amazing how fast you can cruise.... when needing to get to that next little town in hopes of finding a restroom.

·
Premium Member
3,730 Posts
Not normal unless you are stupid.
Last time I hit 130 Karen started tapping my shoulder to ask why we were going so slow.

·
Registered
3 Posts

What year? I put tapered neck bearings in my 02 and helped but my problem was mainly if you let go of the bars

·
Registered
8 Posts
LOL. Unfortunately that would be 95 mph, because the speedometer is optimistic by 5+ mph at that speed.
Not sure if he is speaking about 165 km/h which is 102.526 mph. Take away your 5 mph for speedo error that leaves the speed in MPH at 97.5 mph which to me is more acceptable than 165 MPH. I doubt the Goldwing will do 165 mph and if it can it's not with me driving it!!

I've been 107 - 110 mph for a couple of minutes on a straight freeway with a little side wind and that was enough for me. I like 75 - 80 mph but Oregon's limit is 65 mph and that's on the freeway and in the high desert area, the rest of the freeways are still 55 mph.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts