Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First I`d like to say thanks to Skooter for reply relating to carb balance Will take it on board.

What I would like to ask is in the for sale board on this site there is a bike for sale with wood effect dash etc I`ve never seen these b4 would anyone have any info on these items .

cheers to all.

peter U.K.

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
imported post

If you want the real wood dash instead of the wood effect, try here; http://www.sunrise-cycles.com/

More expensive than the wood effect (the wood efffect is plastic and it looks plastic close-up (you can't see this in photos), but I think well worth it for having the real wood veneer.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
imported post

Hi, good hint. If you go to "Honda- Optional" on the wooddashfactory.com page, you will find all the gear for the GLs and the price for it without need to send e-mails.

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

The real wood dashes look a lot nicer than the plastic ones, but then they should as they are about twice the price!

·
Older and Wiser
1,734 Posts
imported post

Theres drawbacks to both types. The real wood dashes can fade from UV light if you don't use a UV inhibitor wax. The plastic ones simply just warp in the hot sun or in extreme cases they melt!
The real wood dashes do look superb compared to the plastic types.

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
I don't know if I will get a response because this thread is so old, but here goes

I have a 1500 SE yr 2000 with a wood effect dash, as I am going to remove and upgrade the radio, I need to recover this part of he dash. Does anyone know the wood type effect, it's plastic. Thanks

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
I don't know if I will get a response because this thread is so old, but here goes

I have a 1500 SE yr 2000 with a wood effect dash, as I am going to remove and upgrade the radio, I need to recover this part of he dash. Does anyone know the wood type effect, it's plastic. Thanks
You are correct in one sense, the responses may be to the OP question as some don't look at the dates and respond after only reading just the first post.

As to your question, there may be more than one species and manufacturer of the wood dash kits and most have quit making the parts of the kits. It was stuck on with double stick tape, you could swap outer covers or remove the wood dash part using heat gun sparingly and a thin putty knife to loosen the DS tape.

·
Registered
34 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.