· Premium Member
Well Folks , Finished the Timing Belts today on my 98 1500 SE. Follwed the step by step provided by our Forum and was easier than I thought. Couple of things, I used some scrap foam to draw some pictures of the TB cover to help keep the screws straight and then just plugged the screw into the picture I drew on the foam. Also my GW is all stock, so i found easier to remove both horns and the wire to the radiator temp gauge. Also save yourself some grief and just buy new radiator hose clamps, had to drain radiator again because one of the clamps failed. Other than that it was pretty simple, time consuming but not so hard. Took me about 3 hours to complete. Start to finish. Next on the agenda U-joints! By the way Bike ran so much smoother, and idled perfectly after.