Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have heard that Tanygaer has got himself a Caberg Trip, a flip front helmet that I have seen reasonably good reports on and he gave it a 300mile test to work and back today.

So when you get in mate, perhaps you would like to let the readership what your views are on it?

Here is the model in question..... the helmet not Tanygaer......

Attachments

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Not bad, but I've never heard of those.

I got us a pair of these last month, HJC IS-33 model and we love them.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Well the Cabergs and the Nolans are particularly popular and tend to vie for first place in the sales stakes here Bagmaster, when it comes to flip fronts, that are now more and more popularand we have the Nolan 103'sand Helen's last one was the Justissimo by Caberg, so I shall be interested to hear what he has to say about the Trip, which is another in their range.

Although some still ride with what we tend to call open faced heplmets like yours, they are dying out quite a bit with the introduction of more flip fronts.

·
Premium Member
20,585 Posts
imported post

Whew.........I thought you meant Tanygaer shaved his head! :gunhead:

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Flyone wrote:
Whew.........I thought you meant Tanygaer shaved his head! :gunhead:
No no Flyone... he still has the titanium hair to match the new titanium helmet!!!:cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

The sun visors in the new helmets are really great. Looks like that one has one too.

I have three brands, the HJC Symax ll , The Nolan 103 banana on its way back to the store for a bigger size(either the helmet size has shrunk or my head has swelled:)) and the Shoei Multitec.

What I find interesting is the cheaper helmet of the three, the HJC is actually the more quiet of them all. But the fit and finish is better on the other two, remaining to be seen with the 103 when it returns.

The 103 has cut into it the cut-out for the ear peices, but even with slim EdSets the cut out is just not deep enough and pushs on my ears........maybe my ears are too big eh?

So is this Caberg a quiet helmet?? As much as can be expected of any helmet? The new 103 is actully kinda noisy.

Kit

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

When i pull down the full visor mine gets real quiet, a whole lot less road and wind noise. I had to modify the speaker pockets a little for the speakers to quit touching my ears.

·
Premium Member
7,574 Posts
imported post

I actually spotted these helmets on specail offer whilst getting the bike MOT'd, so Idecided to take Spooky Tanygaer over to get him one, as in July he will be unleashed on a moped on all the usnsuspecting North Wales road users.

They did not have his size, he needs a small, which is surprising, it is amazing to think that such a big mouth can be accomadated in such a small head.

Any I was impressed by the following.

1. Build Quality,

2. Features

3. Lightness

The only size they had was mine, so I tred it on and it was a snug fit, when they made my head they made it to fit the Caberg Trip helmet.

As the venerable Diplomat has said I gave it a 300 mile christening today, and my first impressions are that it was warm, quite, and seemed to cause less buffeting than my old full face Aria.

I have investigated moving my earphones and mic across to it which I will probably do this weekend, the cheek pads remove easily, they are held in place with metal press studs.

My only concern when I bought it was whether my hands would cope with the seat belt design fastening, they do and I am well impressed.

At a RRP of £99.99 it is a seroious contender in the flip front helmet arena, at the special offer of £89.99 which I paid it was a bargain not to be missed.

Got to save up all over again now to afford one for Spooky Tanygaer, but I have a month or two to do it in.

I'll mark it like this 1 being the lowest 10 being the highest.

Comfort ==== 9

Construction ==== 10

Features ==== 10

Noise Level ==== 8

Ease Of Use ==== 9

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Kit Carson wrote:
The sun visors in the new helmets are really great. Looks like that one has one too.

I have three brands, the HJC Symax ll , The Nolan 103 banana on its way back to the store for a bigger size(either the helmet size has shrunk or my head has swelled:)) and the Shoei Multitec.

What I find interesting is the cheaper helmet of the three, the HJC is actually the more quiet of them all. But the fit and finish is better on the other two, remaining to be seen with the 103 when it returns.

The 103 has cut into it the cut-out for the ear peices, but even with slim EdSets the cut out is just not deep enough and pushs on my ears........maybe my ears are too big eh?

So is this Caberg a quiet helmet?? As much as can be expected of any helmet? The new 103 is actully kinda noisy.

Kit
Well as you may have read Kit, I bought the specific N-com basic kit for the Nolan 103 and it was a pile of doo doos!!:X:XThe only good thing to be said about it was that the speakers did fit the pockets in the helmet perfectly and did not press against my ears.

I shall be changing the whole lot out for Autocom units as soon as money allows. I shall be expecting to trip a little of the polystyrene to allow for fitting of the speakers.

Thanks Tanygaer for the appraisal of your new Caberg Trip.

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
imported post

Silverfox wrote:
I have heard that Tanygaer has got himself a Caberg Trip, a flip front helmet that I have seen reasonably good reports on and he gave it a 300mile test to work and back today.

So when you get in mate, perhaps you would like to let the readership what your views are on it?

Hey that looks pretty cool.. Can't wait to learn more about it - especially that hole on front of the mouth - is it for a straw???? :action:

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

Blackdog wrote:
Silverfox wrote:

Hey that looks pretty cool.. Can't wait to learn more about it - especially that hole on front of the mouth - is it for a straw???? :action:
Yes Blackdog the hole on the front is so Lady T can plug him into a beer as she lets him through the gate at home!!!!:cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
imported post

tanygaer wrote:
Two above your post BlackDog
Sorry Tanygaer - maybe I don't understand the dialect :cheeky1:- but I don't see where in the two above post you adressed - "the hole" :shock:- :action:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,574 Posts
imported post

Blackdog wrote:
tanygaer wrote:
Sorry Tanygaer - maybe I don't understand the dialect :cheeky1:- but I don't see where in the two above post you adressed - "the hole" :shock:- :action:
The Hole, is actually an air vent that distributes the air across the whole of the visor, mine is covered in a fine mesh type filter....

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
imported post

tanygaer wrote:
Blackdog wrote:
tanygaer wrote:
The Hole, is actually an air vent that distributes the air across the whole of the visor, mine is covered in a fine mesh type filter....

Sooooooo...... you can't chug a "Big Gulp" from the "7-11 Store" through it while you are trying to keep things moving on that "iron butt ride"? LOL :dude:

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
imported post

All kidding aside - it looke like a good design - one of the problems I have with my HJC SymaxII is the vent cap up on the forehead "rattles" in the wind. This one looks like it wouldn't have that problem.

·
Premium Member
2,032 Posts
imported post

I didn't see you Tanygaer today on your flip trip back, otherwiseI would have seen your new helmet.

So maybe our little chat the other day may have had some bearing on this I feel :D

·
Premium Member
7,574 Posts
imported post

Crezz wrote:
I didn't see you Tanygaer today on your flip trip back, otherwiseI would have seen your new helmet.

So maybe our little chat the other day may have had some bearing on this I feel :D
You did'nt see me cause I was in stealth Mode...

·
Premium Member
2,032 Posts
imported post

tanygaer wrote:
Crezz wrote:

You did'nt see me cause I was in stealth Mode...

That flip sun visor doesn't invoke stealth mode :cheeky1:Is that what they told you at the shop :dude:

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

Silverfox wrote:
Kit Carson wrote:

Kit
Well as you may have read Kit, I bought the specific N-com basic kit for the Nolan 103 and it was a pile of doo doos!!:X:XThe only good thing to be said about it was that the speakers did fit the pockets in the helmet perfectly and did not press against my ears.

I shall be changing the whole lot out for Autocom units as soon as money allows. I shall be expecting to trip a little of the polystyrene to allow for fitting of the speakers.

Thanks Tanygaer for the appraisal of your new Caberg Trip.
Yes I may take a look one day at the Caberg.
As for the speakers in the Nolan 103, I tried both a new Edset and the J and M 584 as I purchased the Nolan and won a Symax at the club meeting, with the Edsets installed.

Thing is with the Nolan it comes with quite a nice cut out for the ear pieces already, they fit nicely in the pockets, but..............unlike the 102 in the same size it seems they have put a bit more of the compression foam inside the bucket. The helmet fits snug which is good, but the ear pieces seem to follow the curve of the helmet and just slightly stick out a bit. On a 400 mile run it compresses ears to the point of pain.

As for cutting out more of the foam, there is only about 3/16ths of an inch of remaining material behind the ear pocket, if you hollow it out some more for more depth it would weaken or even destroy the integrity of the inner shell.

I tried 2X large ear pads, as they are a bit smaller in thickness, but still the earpieces got me.

The 103 for me, is a bit smaller than the 102 and for sure much closer to the face where the ear pieces are.

So the banana is off to be traded for a larger skin :)

Kit

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.