Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Here it is.. sure it has been covered here before.. but i missed it... going to do some work on the front end of lucille... 81 1100 interstate... need to replace the speedo drive.. have a new front tire put on.. check the bearings so on... so what i am needing to know.. is how do you raise the front end of your bike when you work on it...... Thanks in advance for your replys....

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
imported post

I usually put it on the center stand and put a small jack under the front of the engine. Jack it up till the bike is tilted back on the back wheel.

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
imported post

Put a thin bit of wood between the jack and the engine, less chance of it slipping or damaging the sump. :waving:

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
imported post

travelinmays wrote:
I usually put it on the center stand and put a small jack under the front of the engine. Jack it up till the bike is tilted back on the back wheel.
always works for me... of course, with my side car I can lift either end lol

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
imported post

Yes the side car makes it easier. I did the back tire a while back with a fence post and a rock.

·
Premium Member
3,785 Posts
imported post

Marky wrote:
Put a thin bit of wood between the jack and the engine, less chance of it slipping or damaging the sump. :waving:

What he said, may still need to deflate tire for added clearance... :gunhead:

·
Premium Member
805 Posts
imported post

I always use a tie-down and secure the centerstand forward to the frame to prevent...you know...the accident.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.