Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

More and more I see riders on my daily commute (105 miles each day, thank you very much) and getting the wave from the more familiar ones. But I agree, I'd like to see more bikes out there being ridden instead of just being a pretty toy to show off to the neighbors on weekends.

Ruaidh

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

I admit to being a weekend rider, but I shall definately make the effort on the appointed day, just have to make sure I don't need materials from the builders merchants:goofygrin:. I will pass it to my son and all I know, it's the only way to show solidarity.

Pete

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Silverfox wrote:
I admit to being a weekend rider, but I shall definately make the effort on the appointed day, just have to make sure I don't need materials from the builders merchants:goofygrin:. I will pass it to my son and all I know, it's the only way to show solidarity.

Pete

I just realized how snotty I sounded spouting off about weekend riders, but I was referring more to the bike owners (NOT riders) that own a bike because it is fashionable rather than riding one out of love. I hope I don't offend too many people.

Ruaidh

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Hey, it would take a whole heap more than that to offend me!! In fact, truth is, I am so thick skinned I didn't even notice a potential offence! No problem here.

I do just wish I had more opportunity to ride the bike though.

Pete

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
imported post

I ride my bike to work every day 65 miles round trip and hardly at all on the weekend. As gas prices keep going up I notice more bikes on the road! I'm sure there would be more if it wasn't so hot here. People like their air conditioning!

Bob :11grey:

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
imported post

the roads would be safer with less cages on them!

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
imported post

I read an article on that link about a phenomenon called "lane splitting". I'm sure many people have done it, I just can't see me trying it in Texas. These people carry handguns! Anyway, if you didn't know, lane splitting is where you ride between two lanes of stopped traffic. I just discovered that it is legal in some states here. Legal doesn't mean insane! Opinions?

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
imported post

Lane splitting is very popular and legal in California. Unfortunately It has become some what of an extreme sport out there too. Usually when I am out there I have to drive a cage and it freaks me out when some kid on a rocket comes flying between me and car beside me. All most as bad as Boston when the open up the brake down lane to traffic.

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
imported post

Ruaidh wrote:
More and more I see riders on my daily commute (105 miles each day, thank you very much) and getting the wave from the more familiar ones. But I agree, I'd like to see more bikes out there being ridden instead of just being a pretty toy to show off to the neighbors on weekends.

Ruaidh
I ride ever day it is over 30 degrees and not raining and have put over 10,000 miles on my 83 std. in the last year. I have friends that ride 500 to 1000 miles on their Harley lookalikes a year, but havespent more money in their riding gear than I have spenton my wing. My commute is about 30 miles a day and includes some interstate.:jumper::jumper::jumper:

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
imported post

I'll be riding that day all right but not to work I'll be on vacation doing some riding and camping in northern wisconsin, and definatley not being at work,

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.