Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hate to start a new thread on each one as I come up with it.

Right now I am wondering where I can order the clamping devices that would allow me to mount radar detector or GPS or cel phone on the ball ended stalks which the bike is already equipped with. The stalks are about 1.5" tall and the ball is ~1/2" in diameter. I keep looking and I know the clamps must exist, but I have not found them.

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Will do.....In fact I think Garmin may even be close to me????

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Thanks and they are about an hour and a half from me.

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Next Item

87 Aspencade Below the radiator their is a fibre piece that goes from one side to the other. I need to check a stock bike, but I believe it to be stock and standard colour, not chrome. I do have a Chromed air dam below that, (This Aspy has every possible piece of chrome!!), but this looks like a factory piece to tie the two lower fairing halves together. What is it called so I can begin my search?

I wish there was an online exploded parts list for the 87!

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Brojees wrote:
Next Item

87 Aspencade Below the radiator their is a fibre piece that goes from one side to the other. I need to check a stock bike, but I believe it to be stock and standard colour, not chrome. I do have a Chromed air dam below that, (This Aspy has every possible piece of chrome!!), but this looks like a factory piece to tie the two lower fairing halves together. What is it called so I can begin my search?

I wish there was an online exploded parts list for the 87!
I was just looking at an '87 Aspy on eBay and they have the item pictured by MR1200. The simpler bar connector, known as: BAR (Lower) was on the Interstate. It appears that the OEM part was painted the same color as the bike.

·
Premium Member
1,099 Posts
imported post

Brojees wrote:
Hate to start a new thread on each one as I come up with it.

Right now I am wondering where I can order the clamping devices that would allow me to mount radar detector or GPS or cel phone on the ball ended stalks which the bike is already equipped with. The stalks are about 1.5" tall and the ball is ~1/2" in diameter. I keep looking and I know the clamps must exist, but I have not found them.
Hi Brojees

I have a spare clamp and set of end ball ends going spare, this came with my gps but i purchased the brake reservoir mount, send me your address on a pm I'll get them in the post.

Its good to be able to return a favour.

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

Wonderful!! Thank you Mike! PM has been sent.

And the part is the Bar, Lower.

The cowl I have below that is a after market chromed unit.

LOLOL This bike has every possible piece of chrome on it! My son was trying to put a coin in the ignition to "Play the jukebox"!!! LOLOL (I killed him)

·
Premium Member
1,099 Posts
imported post

Hi Brojees just to check, is this the bracket you are looking for? I have the middle size + the end balls and fixing bracketand fittings.

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

Hmmm What I have on the bike is a 1.5" tapering chrome shaft mounted vertically on each side of the hadlebars. The shafts end in round balls which are about 1/2' in diameter.

Is that widget on the left of the bracket the receiver for the ball? If so then, yes, that is what I need.

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
imported post

Ahhhhh Now I understand!!! The wee thing clamps on this ball and a ball on your GPS or radar detector!!!!

Forgive my ignorance and please do not consign me to a Potato Masher!!!

Yes, Mkie it will help!! Thank you.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.