Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

I do not have any front end wobble on my 1800 either and I definitely would not spend that kind of money to not fix a problem that doesn't exist. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

SETHAN12 wrote:
I do not have any front end wobble on my 1800 either and I definitely would not spend that kind of money to not fix a problem that doesn't exist. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!!!!
Thanks SETHAN12. However....I never said I was going to buy it. Just looking for other opinions on how this thing would work if it should happen. I like having a plan 'B'....just in case.

·
Premium Member
4,910 Posts
imported post

Well, I like the design & workmanship, but...

many folks have fixed their 'wobbles' with hard work & perserverance...some with just a new tire, if I couldn't summon the 'hutzpa' to fix the cause of the wobble, I would most likely ignore that pretty little cylinder too. So when it locks up or siezes from neglect, just when I need to turn, I'm basically toast...right?

So, while I like it a lot, I think I would have to pass. But that's just me...:waving:

·
Premium Member
9,409 Posts
imported post

SETHAN12 wrote:
No no silly rabbit... it's, if it isn't broke, fix it until it is :cooldevil:

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
2,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

DigbyODell wrote:
SETHAN12 wrote:
No no silly rabbit... it's, if it isn't broke, fix it until it is :cooldevil:
Aren't you supposed to hire a consultant to find out why it isn't broken?

·
Just one of the guys
4,812 Posts
imported post

Did I read the price right??? $575????

Somebody is really looking for high profits.

·
Premium Member
2,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

DougW wrote:
Did I read the price right??? $575????

Somebody is really looking for high profits.
Oh.....but wait.....there's more.....that don't count installation (unless you do it yourself). Guess you could send the bill to Honda, it's their screw up, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for them to pay.

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

i can rember when the cure for the wobbles was called a steeringfriction knob.

spelling correction

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
imported post

I think I'll make my own out of a screen door closer. It will come with a slide catch offering multiple adjusting positions and sell it for $19.95.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
599 Posts
imported post

...and locked full open you could go in circles.

·
Senior Moment Member
3,707 Posts
imported post

I've had the wobble on my 1800. It started not long after I had a set of Metzler ME880's installed. I tried to fix it by having a set of All Balls Bearings installed. They helped quite a bit but the wobble was still there.

I had thought about installing a steering damper like the one that came on my 1976 MotoGuzzi 850 but couldn't find one at the time. I finally fixed the wobble by getting rid of the Metzler ME880 rear tire.

The steering damper on the Moto Guzzi lasted for the entire time I had the bike, 196K+ miles.

I have always wondered why Honda did not install some sort of dampening on the wing.

edited to correct spelling

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.