Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh, to just sit on it, and let it idle as I cruised through town,
pass by the businesses and the Police Station, letting that Lamborghini engine sound off.

·
It aint rocket science
3,942 Posts
The MC front end looks heavily stressed with forks almost fully collapsed, I would not bet my life on the front wheel components holding up at cruising speeds.

·
Registered
2003 GL1800A
552 Posts
Looks like the Oscar Mayer mobile... Imagine how long the steering tie rods are on THAT thing!

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I'll bet that sucker sounds cool!!

Rayjoe

·
Registered
37 Posts
That thing is way cool !!. A lot of thought,imagination and time went into it. The expression on the guys face makes me wonder what's going thru his head.

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
22,751 Posts
The short answer is, "no".
The long answer is "hell no".

Although I can appreciate the engineering that went into it, to make it "kinda" work as a motorcycle, and aesthetically I find it interesting, but I consider it no more that a "show piece".

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Rake on front end looks wrong. With that much weight. A hard bump and it would fold back. Could be camera angle. More a show bike not a rider. Just my opinion doesn't mean any thing.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Old guys expression is I moved the handlebars five seconds ago and nothing is happening up front. Can you say steering slop? Lean angle doesn't look to good either. Oh, and Italian engines are maintenance free to boot.

Reactions: BadMonk's1200
1 - 9 of 9 Posts