Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

One of them big twin Victorys for Patriotic Guard Duties, and light "around town" riding.... not one of their "Buck Roger's Tourers," but a cruiser.....like this:

http://www.polarisindustries.com/en...-ball-cruisers/vegas-8-ball/pages/photos.aspx

But I don't even have the courage to mention it to Red, let alone bring one home.... There's a limit to "love, honor, and obey," even if we've been taught differently.....

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

Anyone have direct experience with Victory motorcycles?

·
Premium Member
3,775 Posts
imported post

Just watch for an older model shadow, v-star, etc for cheap & do some fix up stuff

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
imported post

I was looking at getting a Victory Vision a while back, however, the more I looked at it the uglier it got. I test drove one and they do have very good power and handle great, but again, the looks are not my cup of tea.

·
Premium Member
2,523 Posts
imported post

Careful CJ, you are on the verge of trying to decide between an Ultra Classic or a Road Glide :)

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
imported post

Does nothing for me. Just a pile of meh...

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

I think they are ugly too, but I don't have to worry about it, CJ isn't buying me one.....

Christmas is right around the corner Jack, Put a second tree out in that new garage, put a skirt around the tree and make a picnic lunch out there for the two of you to eat around the tree (create a summer atmosphere), have the bike off to one side covered up and have her uncover it! Then go for a Christmas Ride....

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

Terryj630 wrote:
I was looking at getting a Victory Vision a while back, however, the more I looked at it the uglier it got..........
I seen some of them at the NEC show last year. I just couldn't take to the looks, like something out of Aliens. I'm not talking Sigourney Weaver looks either, I could live with that......

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
imported post

The Vee Twins are more top heavy than a Valk. You can find Valks for cheap and like any other Honda will last forever. Also, the Valk has that classic cruiser look, a "Made in the USA" tag on it and will get many more admiring looks than any Vee twin you might buy. Spend your money wisely ole son! Come ride my Valk and come to your senses!

Dubs

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

Dubswing wrote:
The Vee Twins are more top heavy than a Valk.  You can find Valks for cheap and like any other Honda will last forever.  Also, the Valk has that classic cruiser look, a "Made in the USA" tag on it and will get many more admiring looks than any Vee twin you might buy.  Spend your money wisely ole son!  Come ride my Valk and come to your senses!

Dubs
If I had any "senses," Dubs, I'd just tape some flags on my ST1300 and not worry about how I look at these PGR events! But you're probably right about the Valk...... will you buy me one, Ol' Son? After all, Red and I are your best customers!

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
imported post

Your ST1300 is a great bike to ride to PGR events. We have guys riding every conceivable bike imaginableon PGR rides; even trikes and driving cars and trucks. There is no shame or bad feelings. Even in the American Legion, we have people riding all makes and models.

You just need to own up to the fact that wearing a do-rag and a black leather vest with patches looks cooler on a big cruiser than a sport bike!:ROFL:

Like all the things you have purchased here in the Great state of TN. I will have a Valk befitting a King waiting for you to take possession!

Dubs

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

Cousin Jack wrote:
If I had any "senses," Dubs, I'd just tape some flags on my ST1300 and not worry about how I look at these PGR events!
+1. Anybody there that cares what you are riding aren't the people you should worry about. It ain't a v-twin club. It's about the people that have served this country and their families, period!!

John

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

Dubswing wrote:

You just need to own up to the fact that wearing a do-rag and a black leather vest with patches looks cooler on a big cruiser than a sport bike!:ROFL:

Dubs

I got me a black leather vest with patches; got my MAC-V Patch on there, my ribbons, and I've got the big triangular PGR patch coming...and my vest is made out of Water Buffalo hide, which I think is "numbah one" appropriate! But Bernie, Ol' Son, I gotta tell ya, doo-rags on guys our age look as silly as would a "tramp-stamp" tattoo on Angela Lansbury! I'm gonna stick with my baseball cap...... I have a certain dignity, you know?

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
imported post

Cousin Jack wrote:
... I don't even have the courage to mention it to Red, let alone bring one home.... There's a limit to "love, honor, and obey," even if we've been taught differently.....
I see Mel is preparing to move into his newly-acquired trailer on a more permanent basis!

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
imported post

Me thinks Mel is doing an end around on Red with another bike in their future!

I have to disagree on the do-rag. They are extremely comfortable and wick the moisture from the scalp, keeping the helmet dry and fresh. I do carry a ball cap for when I'm not on the bike tho!

I will have to find the appropriate rag for you CJ!

We gotta see your buffalo hyde vest! Pics Please!

Dubs

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

Dubswing wrote:
And why wouldn't he be? He had her convinced he really was looking for a Goldwing and couldn't find one and that's why he had to buy the ST. :ROFL:

John

·
Vintage Rider
2,410 Posts
imported post

I have attended about 20 PGR missions on my Vulcan 750. It is mostly black and chrome, and fit's right in. It does not have loud pipes, but with all the other loud pipes, you can't tell. It is a v-twin, but the engine looks nothing like a Harley or Victory v-twin. I bought it to ride, and that is exactly what I did. Coming up on 160,000 miles on Vulcan 750s, two new ones, a '93 and an '02. However I have to say I will not buy another v-twin unless it is American.

And yes, I do have a vest with lots of patches and a do rag, specifically for PGR. Not worn any other time.

I would go with the Valkyrie, thats what I want, in solid black. Just black and chrome, no fancy colors.

Victory does make some decent touring bikes, the Vision is the only ugly one. I still remember the first time I saw one sitting in front of a local dealer. I thought it was a custom designed and built by some deranged drug crazed chopper builder that was having a bad day. I was totally shocked when I found it was a production bike, and still am to some degree. I was even more shocked when I found out that Sonny Barger (who only lives a few miles away) owns one. At least nobody can claim it is a copy of anything, and I seriously doubt anybody tries to copy it.

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
imported post

My cousin(s) ride the hd brand machines and are heavily involved in PG. I have often told them that I do not ride the appropriate "brand":( to participate:ROFL: and that I value my hearing what is left of it. He is not brand loyal its just the harley "thing" to do.
While I completely admire this group, myself I am not a group rider so even with that
feel very out of place with the others wearing billboards for the brand they ride. The first and last group ride I went on was simply not a good experience. Oh, and it was not a PG ride. More to the point I guess group rides just are not for me especially when its the noisy type. JMHO

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
imported post

Dubswing wrote:

I have to disagree on the do-rag.  They are extremely comfortable and wick the moisture from the scalp, keeping the helmet dry and fresh.  I do carry a ball cap for when I'm not on the bike tho!

I will have to find the appropriate rag for you CJ!

We gotta see your buffalo hyde vest!  Pics Please!

Dubs
Your wish is my command, ol' Son, but I will not doo-rag, nossir.......... ***** and pretentious!

Hey! Do any of you "good ol' boys" live close enough to the BRP to get me a pin? I've been down the whole length of it, and on it for a couple of days another time, honest....but I never got a pin. I'd like to put one up there with my Alaska Highway and Cabot Trail pins..... I'll pay ya for it!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.