Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Administrator
26,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Out on my ride today I stopped at a rest area for a break. There was a family there on motorcycles, both new with temporary tags. The Dad had a harley and the teenage daughter with him, the Mom had a Honda shadow and the 10 or 11 year old boy with her. They were getting ready to leave as I stopped. The boy said, Wow, a Goldwing and got off the back of Mom's bike and started talking to me about it. Dad seemed a little miffed and kept telling the boy they were leaving. He finally got back on, grinning ear to ear and waving as the pulled out. I guess that would get a fellows panties in a wad, the boy thinking someone elses bike was cooler than his Harley, especially a Goldwing.:p

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
imported post

Out of the mouth of babes! Hey the kid knows what he likes. My 8 yo is nuts about bikes since I have gotten mine. He don't mind telling any rider we meet that he and his dad has a Goldwing.:)

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
imported post

I did a charity ride this weekend for a biker who lost a leg in a cage-bike accident. Lots of HDs and my lone black GL. One of the HD guys wanders over and we chat about the GL. He called it the Cadillac of road bikes and said he'd get one in about 10 years. I told him he'd regret waiting that long.

·
Premium Member
2,137 Posts
imported post

Poor boy, how embarrassing riding on the back of mom's Honda shadow

·
Administrator
26,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

I would have offered to let him ride with me had they been going my way.

·
Premium Member
3,344 Posts
imported post

i wonder if that kid got a belt round lugs when he got home

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
imported post

I've had several cruisers. Honestly I still don't get the attraction. They're usually a compromise in...something. Comfort, power, accessories etc etc. The GW just has it all, and quiet to boot!

·
Probationary
4,535 Posts
imported post

If all HDs had mufflers as quiet as Wings, they'd be out of business in a year.

Many, many folks want to sit on that 'Rolling Thunder'.

No small attraction.

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
imported post

Well this is the iceing on the cake. I went to a Harley store in Greensboro, NC with my son. He was on his new Harley Night Train or something like that; whatever. I parked around the side as not to draw too much attention. When I came out of the store full of new Harley Davidsons shinning like new money, about 10 people was standing about my machine. They were mesmerized, need I say anything else. Yes I will, several of the store help came to the door and watched me leave, was probably glad.
This happened as I drove off into the sunset, no lie.

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
imported post

There are people who love Harleys and people who hate them, but there are very few people who don't smile as a Goldwing goes by...probably because they don't have to roll up their window because of the noise... :shock:

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
imported post

My brother (who dosen't ride anything), saw my bike and stated "it's nice, but it's not a Harley.

I looked back, smiled and said, "Hey, a Harley is the perfect big bike when you don't want the ladies notice other "shortcomings" you have to compensate for. I don't need one.

He gave a disgusted look, and walked away.

Moral: Owning a Harley is like dating Monica Lewinsky, fun to ride, but there's no getting rid of the stains.

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
imported post

Richardrwg wrote:
Moral: Owning a Harley is like dating Monica Lewinsky, fun to ride, but there's no getting rid of the stains.
Now that's funny, no matter who you are!:cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
1,847 Posts
imported post

The wings definately are crowd pleasers, on one run out many moons ago we went to "The Woolpack", its a pub that was used in a long running soap here called Emerdale. Obviously people came to se ethe pub but when we arrived, everyone forgot about the pub.

I have also found that kids go wow up to a certain age, lets say 15, then its a grand dad bike after that age. All good fun:grinner:

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
imported post

road_rascal wrote:
Richardrwg wrote:
Now that's funny, no matter who you are!:cheeky1:
I own a GL1500 and a Harley. Each has it's purpose. Neither leaves any stains. I guess it's all in good fun (for most) but I never have understood this sophmoric "mine is better than yours" thing.

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
imported post

I have been riding my 1100 for about 10 years now. I must confess that early on I was concerned that it could (or should) park next to all those shiny HD's. It really didn't take very long for me to figure out that it was more important to most riders to be on a bike than what the bike was....that being said, I do enjoy my Goldwing.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.