Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Wow, couldnt' believe it. They have a fair (average)condition wineberry stripped fairing for sale, just the shell......and they want 350.00 for it! They have 4 other fairings, in the same or better condition, same year, in other colors.....ranging from 45 dollars to 99 dollars.

I have watched about 8 wineberry fairings go for between 40 and 100 dollars in the past several months. It's not like they are rare or this one is a particularly exceptional one or anything.......heck, it's cracked and has a big scuff mark on it (road scuff).

I politely inquired of Pinwall if perhaps they had made a typo or mistakenly priced that fairing.

First they responded with a line about it being unique and the ONLY GL1100 fairing available. Riiiiigggghhhhhtttttt. When I pointed out they were selling 4 other examples in better condition......they responded back that "I should be good to go then".

Oh well........I guess they have the right to price it at whatever they want....meanwhile I'll keep my eye open for a nicer one for less.

If that's how they treat somebody before they get your money (the off the cuff lie right off the bat really turned me off)......just imagine how high you rate once they do get your money.

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
imported post

have you considered painting any hondaline fairing. if so, contact John at Jack's Cycle Salvage in Sanford Fl. 407-302-3311. they have at least 2 in reasonable condition.

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

Motosickle wrote:
have you considered painting any hondaline fairing. if so, contact John at Jack's Cycle Salvage in Sanford Fl. 407-302-3311. they have at least 2 in reasonable condition.
I've got a decent black one. And yeah, maybe some day I'll paint it.......but, really, I just want an original wineberry one to match the rest of my bike. As time goes by.....I'll acquire nearly new components to replace the worn stuff I have, like trunk lids etc.....and maybe when I have nice parts all together......I'll prep and paint. Until then, just like it to look all original.

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
imported post

Must admit, I've not had any problems with Pinwall having ordered a fair amount of stuff from them over the last few years.
Remembering I'm on the other side of the Ocean, they did supply the wrong brake caliper once (I think it was a rear instead of a front), after a swift email conversation the correct caliper was sent by air with no extra charge and I even got to keep the wrong one as a spare.

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
imported post

I have a wine berry Honda line fairing I might consider selling.
I'm thinking about going naked,I dunno yet.

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
imported post

Im having a issue with Old BikeBarn.I bought a set of tires off of them last Wednsday.I paid for priority shipping.They havnt even processed the order yet.But they took the money that day.So 7 days later it still reads pending fullfillment on the order screen.ive sent 2 emails,called 3 times and no one has answered or responded to my emails.HORRIBLE

·
Premium Member
1,846 Posts
imported post

I had a similar incident with BikerStore earlier this year. Ordered 2 jackets from them and the one for the wife was the wrong size. I sent it back and cancelled the order for it. I still have not gotten my money back nor have I heard a word from them. I let the credit card company take care of it now I at least have my account credited for the jacket.

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
imported post

cyclewizard wrote:
I have a wine berry Honda line fairing I might consider selling.
I'm thinking about going naked,I dunno yet.
Don't do it. If you decide to go naked......put all those body parts away in the garage or a closet somewhere. If you get rid of them, I guarantee you'll regret it down the road.

·
Steve
441 Posts
imported post

I live about 2 miles from Pinwall Cycle Parts and have dealt with them for years. Nice people and always had fair prices. Maybe on this one someone thinks they have a goldmine. But my experiences have always been good.

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
imported post

hairball wrote:
I live about 2 miles from Pinwall Cycle Parts and have dealt with them for years. Nice people and always had fair prices. Maybe on this one someone thinks they have a goldmine. But my experiences have always been good.
You're probably right........but I can't get over that initial claim that it was some kind of unique one of a kind product. Seriously......350????

Oh well..........people on every GW forum on the planet seem to have a hard on for Saber Cycle.....but they've never treated me poorly (yet) or sold me an inferior product (yet). So I guess it all comes down to who you dealt with on any given day. Mostly, I just took offense at somebody trying to blow smoke up my 4th point of contact.

·
Steve
441 Posts
imported post

Yea I am a service manager for a dealership and in these tough times you think people would be shining your shoes to make a sale. But it always amazes my when you get bad service or a attitude. I guess alot of people just do not give a dam.

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
imported post

Ironically about 20 mins after i sent my hate mail saying i would give them nothing but bad comments on all my forums they have my stuff sent with tracking numbers..lol..sometimes it just takes some creative writing

·
Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
61,521 Posts
imported post

new83wing wrote:
Ironically about 20 mins after i sent my hate mail saying i would give them nothing but bad comments on all my forums they have my stuff sent with tracking numbers..lol..sometimes it just takes some creative writing
On their part, or your part? :D

·
Premium Member
495 Posts
imported post

Well I'm surprised. I have ordered several items from Pinwall without any problems. I check on their parts listings about once a week. They have parts I want. Some are well priced and some, i think are just to high. Ijust look other places for those parts. Again the parts I have bought from them, I'm 100% satisfied.

:action:

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
imported post

I've always had good results with pinwall's. Order alot of parts for the Shadow there and a few for the wing. They can be high on a few items.

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
imported post

Anyone that treats customers of prospective customers like that won't be around long 'cause the word gets out. That said, there are some things that I will buy off of e-bay and others that I will not, and with an attitude like that...guess what.

Ride safe
Chuck

·
Village Whack Job...
7,908 Posts
imported post

I've never purchased anything from pinwall...everything they list always seems way over priced.

·
Premium Member
10,276 Posts
imported post

Get stuff through Pinwall every once in a while. Never had any problems.

·
Premium Member
1,303 Posts
imported post

croderick wrote:
Anyone that treats customers of prospective customers like that won't be around long 'cause the word gets out. That said, there are some things that I will buy off of e-bay and others that I will not, and with an attitude like that...guess what.

Ride safe
Chuck
That's what I thought, but Sabercycle is still in 'bidness'. Treated me bad and wouldn't refund or send right parts. oh well.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.