Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I am ok, though.

I was making a left turn at a signaled intersection (the same one that I got rear ended at some weeks ago) and the lady in front of me decided to turn left into a parking lot. I had glanced to my right to check for oncoming traffic, and didnt see her stop. I hit the back, right side.

When I got up off the ground the bike was facing 180 degress from my original direction. The fairing pushed up into the cluster, which is now toast. The forks appear twisted, but they look straight-maybe just spun in the triple clamps. The bike still runs, so the crash bars did their thing.

As for me, I have a bruisedleftarm, and a bruise on my right shin. Other than that I am ok.

It looks like the bike can be repaired alright, but I think I am done riding for the year. It will be awhile before I get it back together.

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
imported post

just happy your alright. you'll be back on your feet in no time. will keep you in my prayers.:angel:

·
Old School Guru
7,887 Posts
imported post

Sorry to hear about it. Hope that you and the bike are back in shape soon. Got to watch out for those ladies making turns in front of you, they stop for anything. Maybe it is time to stop going to that intersection, it appears that it is jinxed.:(

Gene:waving::11red::11red::11red::doh:

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

I had the thought about the jinxed intersection. Odd thing is, I go that way cuz it keeps me off the interstate.

Her turn was pretty odd, but I have to say that ultimately it was my fault. As a biker I know that its my job to safeguard myself, and that means watching out for surprises or unexpected things. The fact is, I hit her. The local constabulary wasnt called, so no issues there. Its more about getting her rig fixed, and mine too.

Playing it back in my head, I realized that I did manage to pull to the right some, maybe only overlapping by a foot. The front fork missed the rig entirely, just the fairing making contact. It could have been much worse.

Have a good day, all.

·
Premium Member
2,148 Posts
imported post

Tough break ubarw, hope you heal fast, and will be able to repair your bike without major expenses.I agree with Gene, stay away from that place for a while...

:12red::cool:

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
imported post

Thank the Lord you are alright.

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Thanks... I spose the worst part is the scare it put into my wife. I sure feel bad for that.

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
imported post

Glad your OK, bike can be fixed or replaced. I'd be taking a different route though it's not good for your health. I always find freeways safer than side streets or backroads

:jumper::jumper::jumper:

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
imported post

HI,Ubarw,lady drivers ,seems they are the same the world over,glad you & your partner were not hurt,time will soon pass & you will be back on the road.bikerfred.

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

Hey ubarw :waving: Im very sorry to read about your accident. :crying: As you stated you were at fault :( thats the law, if you collide with the rear of another vehicle. :crying:Dont worry about the wing, the important thing is that you are ok and your wifewill recover from the scare, :clapper:the wing can be repaired or replaced. :rollingeyes:

:leprechaun::18red::leprechaun:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

ubarw wrote:
I had the thought about the jinxed intersection. Odd thing is, I go that way cuz it keeps me off the interstate.
I-5 never seems to be all that busy at Cottage Grove when I've been through. That's exactly the type of accident that the slab reduces. What follows is a total non-sequitorMy old restoration project, a Commonwealth Skyranger lives at the Cresswell Airport a bit North of you.

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

You probably have been through the intersection that I was at. Its the only one in Creswell. I commute from Cottage Grove to Eugene every day. I follow 99 from Grove up to Goshen, then on I5 for the last bit.

Its been a few hours since the incident. I am feeling bit achy here and there, but seem to be no worse for the wear. I am feeling a bit blue about my bike, though. Its not serious there, either, but you all know how much a part of our daily lives the bikes become. I feel like I am crippled without it. I put over 6000 miles on it in 4 months, and thats just evenings and weekends.

Later.

·
Premium Member
9,409 Posts
imported post

Sorry to hear of your collision!!! Glad to hear your safe tho:clapper:

Before you know it you will be back on the road:cool:

·
Premium Member
588 Posts
imported post

Ubarw, Sorry to hear about your wing but very glad to hear you weren't hurt badly. Here is hopeing the aches go away quickly and the wing is not as bad as you think. good luck getting it back on the road. Randy

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

ubarw wrote:
You probably have been through the intersection that I was at. Its the only one in Creswell. I commute from Cottage Grove to Eugene every day. I follow 99 from Grove up to Goshen, then on I5 for the last bit.

Its been a few hours since the incident. I am feeling bit achy here and there, but seem to be no worse for the wear. I am feeling a bit blue about my bike, though. Its not serious there, either, but you all know how much a part of our daily lives the bikes become. I feel like I am crippled without it. I put over 6000 miles on it in 4 months, and thats just evenings and weekends.
Really sorry to hear about the accident and I hope you and your wing get back in action soon!

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
imported post

ubarw wrote:
Thanks... I spose the worst part is the scare it put into my wife. I sure feel bad for that.
Yeah, they get that way. Rodent is STILL knocked off at me because it took me three hours to call her after I totalled my '83i.

I tried to tell her I was a little busy in the ER.

Ruaidh

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
imported post

Bugger!!!!!!

It's good that you are OK thoguh

Andrew

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

That is a real bummer UbarW, very glad to hear that you are ok though. Just got to pick yourself up, dust yourself down and get your "baby" back, mended and ready to ride again. :waving::waving::waving:

Pete

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.