Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

:waving:Hi Folks,

Can anyone help?. When I connect my chatterbox headset to my gl1500 radio through the connection under the left glovebox, I can only barely hear the radio.

If I turn up the volume on the intercom the radio gets a bit louder but I can now hear myself giving a lousy rendition of Johnny Cash through the mike.:X

I would prefer to listen to the real one on cassette. It plays perfectly through the speakers. So I wired the headset directly through the speakers and it sounds fab.

I am in the process of buying the new J&M handlebar CB outfit, but obviously a waste of time if I can't hear the radio.

Am I pressing the wrong buttons? or fiddling with the wrong knobs.

Is there some way of balancing output from the radio/cassette unit.

Much obliged for any help offered.:action:

George

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

Hello George. Did you try listening with the Chatterbox connected to the passenger headset connection? If it works okay there then you may have a bad connection at the connection under the golvebox.

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Hi ted,

Many thanks!

I hadn't thought about that!

I will give it a try.

Kind regards

George

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

How did you get on with that George?

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Hi Ted:waving:

Sorry for the delay in replying. I removed the seat and connected to the passenger connection, I could only barely hear the radio.

I finally figured out there are stronger resistors on the output to the headsets versus the speakers. Guess I can only live with it.

Anyone any suggestions.:shock:

George

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

brown bear wrote:
Sorry for the delay in replying.Anyone any suggestions.
Hey brown bear :waving: Number one suggestion is for you to update your profile and completeyour LOCATION slot. :whip: Thank you. :crying:

:stumped: :18red: :stumped:

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

:waving:

Hi redwing,

Sorry about that.

What's a profile ? and how do I update that and my location?

Regards

Brown Bear:waving:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

brown bear wrote:

Hi redwing,

Sorry about that.

Regards

A profile is your information such as your 'handle', location and other information you might want to share with others on the forum. Click on your 'handle' under the author column and then click on my account. Another click on your profile column you will see the blanks you can fill in. It helps a lot if we know where you are located when you ask questions since there are members all over the world. Not to mention REDWING, our most revered Top Poster Emeritus won't have to get all worked up and increase his meds. Besides it scares his companion Shep when he rants and raves.

:waving::15red::waving:

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
brown bear wrote:

Hi redwing,

Sorry about that.

Regards

A profile is your information such as your 'handle', location and other information you might want to share with others on the forum. Click on your 'handle' under the author column and then click on my account. Another click on your profile column you will see the blanks you can fill in. It helps a lot if we know where you are located when you ask questions since there are members all over the world. Not to mention REDWING, our most revered Top Poster Emeritus won't have to get all worked up and increase his meds. Besides it scares his companion Shep when he rants and raves.

:waving::15red::waving:
Hey brown bear :waving:Nowyou see how important that i am on this forum. :clapper:I have a"Guru" especially assigned to me :weightlifter:to answer any questions when im not available. :stumped:

:walker::18red::walker:

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

Hi Redwing, :waving:

Hey I am becoming a dab hand at this internet stuff. As you can see, I have now updated my profile.

Maybe now you can unwind your knickers:D

Salutations and greetings from the Sunny South East.:waving::waving::waving:

Brown Bear

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.